cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I increase the size of the barcode using Business Logic Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have successfully created a PDF document using Business Logic Services, however the barcode is not large enough for our needs. Increasing the Barcode Size in the PDF Barcode Configuration has no effect, except the font of the text below increases. I read somewhere in this forum that this can be opened up or changed in SAP script font maintenance: se73->systembarcodes. Is this true?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Unfortunately the capabilities of the those actions is somewhat limited.

I double checked myself and resizing the barcode is not an option.

If this is a requirement some other options to explore are Fonts that generate a barcode. You can download some and genereate an SVG image of the barcode using the said font. Or it can be dropped directly on a webpage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alin,

Can I add fonts to my xmii server, so that they would be available for use via Business Logic Services - PDF Barcode?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Currently it's not possible with version 11.5.

However 12.0 will be have the capabilities for importing a font.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, you can add fonts in 11.5 via a "back door". One very common solution is to use these fonts with SVG graphics to "layout" a barcode label, and render it as a graphic image. That image can then be embedded in a PDF if needed. You can reference any installed fonts in your SVG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

I just had a few disucussion with the in-house team and here are some highlights i hope will help:

- Barcode width is a fixed property because it is essentially defined by each code's stardard definition.

- If there are problems with the scanner, try to turn on/off check bars, guard bars, etc. based on the code's symbology.

- Neither xMII 11.5 or 12.0 use the built in Netweaver PDF libraries.

If there's anything else you are curious don't hesitate to post up again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not quite true...relative barcode widths are defined, but not all symbologies require a specific "fixed" size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

How would you go about modifying the width? Or is the width coded and can't be easily changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the PDF actions, I don't know, but if you use the SVG/Animated Object approach, it is simply a matter of modifying the font size...there are a number of freeware barcode fonts out there, also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

I've been working on the SVGrenderer approach and loading an image to a PDF, and it is blurry, actually text rendered with the same method is not sharp. Would be better just to generate an html doc instead of creating a PDF? If we use SVG to generate the barcode, we do not have to worry about the client PC having the correct fonts loaded. I am currently trying different font styles and sizes.

Thanks