cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document distribution with restriction on Status of the DIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In my business scenario, I need to restrict Document distribution based on Status of the DIR.(i.e) A user should be able to distribute a DIR of a particular status(RL-Release) he cannot the distribute the DIR in status(IP-In process).

I have maintained the following values in the auth. object,

<b>C_DRAW_TCD</b>

ACTVT : Create or generate, Change, Display, Distribute

DOKAR : DRW

<b>C_DRAW_TCS</b>

ACTVT : Display, Distribute

DOKST : RL

But still I am able to distribute the document in IP status(which I have not specified in the auth. object C_DRAW_TCS)

Is there any change in what i have done or any new object to be added?

Help me in finding out the solution.

Regards

S.Sivakumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

did you generate this profile and add it to the correct user in PFCG?

You can test the authorization checks by using transaction ST01 and doing an authorization trace. There you will find out which authorization objects are checked and if they are passed by the user.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

I have generated the profile and assigned to the correct user. In ST01, when I tested the autorization checks, all auth. objects checks are fine except C_DRAW_TCS.

For C_DRAW_TCS the auth. check is happening for only "03 Display" activity.It is not happening for the activity "59 Distribute". I have maintained the auth. object for both Display and Distribute. as follows

C_DRAW_TCS

ACTVT : Display, Distribute

DOKST : RL

But the auth. check is carried out for only display.

C_DRAW_TCS RC=0 DOKAR=DRW;DOKST=RL;ACTVT=03; and it displays Authorization check successful. For distribute the auth. check itself is not carried out.

Help me in sorting out the problem.

Regards

S.Sivakumar