Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU24 question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on NW 2004s

I got the SU53 from enduser and was trying to add value for the AOB

in SU24.

I could not find the missing object in SU24 after I type the transaction

that user was trying to execute.

Can anyone advise is there anyway I should be changing

the object besides just manually adding it through pfcg.

Thanks.

From

PT.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try using Tracing?

0 Kudos

I did it. It is coming up with the same object.

From

PT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PT,

You should update SU24 to add in that object and the required value for the transaction that you are trying to run.

Next step is to go into the role containing the transaction. In the authorisations tab select expert mode and "read old and merge with new data" and this will pull through the updated value from SU24

0 Kudos

Alex,

Thanks for the info.

How can find what Role the Transaction belongs to besides SUIM?

From,

PT.

0 Kudos

Hello PT,

What is the transaction code?

It might be that SAP did not generically intend the transaction to be a "stand alone" functionality, although adding it to S_TCODE will make that possible (e.g. in a custom role).

Meaning: there might be a standard core transaction which will pull in the missing authorizations and potentially also this transaction, which can be navigated into from the core transaction.

Your SU24 should have minimum settings, so chances are good that it is correct or default okay as is.

Go to SE93, enter the transaction and do a where-used-list on it. Do you get many hits?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius

The AOB is not showing in SU24 however the AOB is showing up in

SU53 trace.

RSA1 Transaction code.

Object S_RO_OSOA which is not showing up when I type RSA1 in SU24

From

PT.

0 Kudos

edited as misread question

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

0 Kudos

Hello PT,

It might be that the value is missing for the domain from which this authorization gets valid values, but I don't know.

Hopefully one of the BW experts will help out, as I am not familiar with it (and don't even have access to a BW at the moment).

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you look in su24 with transaction RSA1 you see a lot of objects with the proposition no at the end of the line.This means that this object is not automatically shown in the profile generator, but can be asked for during authorization checks in some programs. You can add this by hand when changing the authorizations. RSA1 calls a lot of other transactions look into table TCDcouples or transaction se97.

SU24 gives you an advice but is not complete for every ones need.

To find the roles with RSA1 go to SUIM, or in the profile generator you can search for roles in which a transaction is present.

Have fun.

Jan van Roest