cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create custom action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to create custom action for Assemble permission for CMS. we have CMS.transport action which gives permission to Assemble & also to other activities. I want to know if there is a possiblity to just give that assemble permission instead of Cms.Transport.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I have sent you some docs that you asked in some other thread.

And for the custome action, i think we can not do this thing like modifying the actions.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Thanks very much for your docs & input. can we not create a new action using Visual admin tool by editing the Umerole.xml?

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes if you are going to modify Umerole.xml then only this is possible

<ACTION NAME="Manage_All">

<DESCRIPTION LOCALE="en" VALUE="Overall user administrator permissions, that is, administration of users belonging to any company." />

<PERMISSIONCLASS="com.sap.security.core.admin.permissions.UMAdminPermissions" NAME="MANAGE_ALL_COMPANIES" VALUE="*" />

<PERMISSIONCLASS="com.sap.security.core.admin.permissions.UMAdminPermissions" NAME="USERS_ASSIGN_TO_DIFF_COM" VALUE="*" />

<PERMISSIONCLASS="com.sap.security.core.admin.permissions.UMAdminPermissions" NAME="USER_VIEWPROFILE" VALUE="*" />

<PERMISSIONCLASS="com.sap.security.core.admin.permissions.UMAdminPermissions" NAME="USER_CHANGEPROFILE" VALUE="*" />

<PERMISSIONCLASS="com.sap.security.core.admin.permissions.UMAdminPermissions" NAME="USER_CHANGEPASSWORD" VALUE="*" />

<PERMISSIONCLASS="com.sap.security.core.admin.permissions.UMAdminPermissions" NAME="USER_CREATE" VALUE="*" />

As you in this UMErole.xml file, we have an Action named = Manage_All

Also we have PERMISSIONCLASS, waht you can do is find action you want to modify and for e.g you want USER_CHANGEPASSWORD should not be there for Manage_All action, then just delete the permission class for that action.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your input. As you have mentioned, that we can delete the permission class for any action..in the same way can we create an action with permission class and append it somewhere in the UMERole.xml? Iam particulary looking for Assemble permission class in CMS.Transport.I am asking this coz i dont hv Visual admin tool access ryt now. Also, Do we need to restart the server after the changes are made?

Message was edited by:

sudheer v

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Yes we can very well do that as you want.But yes once you upload the modified UMEroles.xml file, you will set this property UMEroles.xml file = Custome , So this need a server restart for sure.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ameya

Answers (0)