cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile WebDynpro BarCodeReader Problem (Intermec)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use the BarCodeReader API (Mobile WebDynPro Add-on library) for Intermec BarCode Scanner, following <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b7/3efd406b8af16fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">this</a>.

My wdoModifyView looks like:

if (firstTime) {

IWDBarCodeReader barCodeReader = (IWDBarCodeReader) view.getElement("BarCodeReader");
 		barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping( IWDBarCodeReader.IWDOnRead.BAR_CODE, "scanData");
		barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping(  IWDBarCodeReader.IWDOnRead.TYPE, "type");

}

Unfortunately, after i launched the IExplorer and visit the webdynpro page, it have no effect. My UIElement: BarCodeReader has the following properties:

enabled=true

type=intermec

visible=none

Depending on the manufacturer of the Pocket PC, you need to use one of the following browsers in order to use the functions in mobile add-on UI elements:

&#9632;      INTERMEC devices: IBrowse

!! Can't I use the IExplorer browser? My Mobile device doesn't provide that "IBrowse"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by:

Antoni Macia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can still continue using the IExploer browser but to fully leverage the Barcode reader functionality (onRead) you will require IBrowse.

- Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chintan, I'm using IBrowse now, but a new problem has come.

When I press the button, an Exception says "Parameter barCode not found".

I'm also using the parameter sap-wd-client=PieClient

I mapped it!

Thanks in advance,

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antoni,

sap-wd-client is used when you want to force rendering on mobile devices. Did you try without adding this?

- Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Yes I tried it before posting, but it gives me an exception WDRuntimeException at handleUIElementEvent(PieClient.java:895) when I press the button.

Another idea?

Thanks Chintan for your dedication

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antoni,

Could you give more details like what version of NetWeaver you are on and which device are you using and what is its OS ?

- Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0 stack 12 and my device is an Intermec 751A with windows mobile 2003 .

Antoni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonie,

Just to share with you my experience with Ibrowse.

From what i noticed, each time u press the scan button of the Intermec scanner, it will invoke the WDP application and passed along the scanned value via onActionScan method. Here you can do your own logic.

In contrast, for mobile IE, you need to point the cursor to the WDP application's input field and press to scan. Then, the scanned value will be entered into the cursor pointed field, but it doesnt really invoke the WDP application.

//assumed you have a context attribute called data which is binding to an input field

public static void wdDoModifyView(IPrivateMLTMAppView wdThis, IPrivateMLTMAppView.IContextNode wdContext, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDView view, boolean firstTime)
  {
    //@@begin wdDoModifyView
	if (firstTime) {
				  IWDBarCodeReader barCodeReader = (IWDBarCodeReader)view.getElement("BarCodeReader");
		  barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping("data","scanData");

}
}

//scanData is the scanned value
  public void onActionScan(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, java.lang.String scanData )
  {
    //@@begin onActionScan(ServerEvent)

if(wdThis.wdGetContext().currentContextElement().getData() ==null){

wdThis.wdGetContext().currentContextElement().setData(scanData);
    }	
    //@@end
  }

Message was edited by:

julius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts thnks for your advice

I have a very similar problem, but I'm using the next:

Mc3000 symbol

Symbol pocket browser 2.02

windows mobile device center 6.1.6995 , beacuse I'm using vista

When I scan a bar code, apperar in the pocket browser the next excepction.

Parameter barcode not found

I have done everything that you recommended me, but I have not solve this problem

Thanks a lot my dear Expets

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Our current project requirement is to manipulate the scanned data from a barcode scanner. The handheld device used is Symbol and the browser is PocketBrowser. The problem we are facing now is that the onRead event of BarcodeReader UI element is not been invoked on scanning a barcode. There are 2 inputfields in the application. If the cursor is placed on first input field , the scanned value is placed on the first field and like wise for second inputfield.

Either we should be able to trigger the scan event of the UI element or we should be able to find the current position of cursor.

Please help with valuable inputs.

Thanks n Regards

Renu Nair.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Antoni Macia,

we have same reqirement,we have to see BI Reports in Mobile.I hope U did some extend,Can u please tell me how to access BI System and How execute BI Template in Webdynpro Application.

I try with BIApplicationFrame,I gave the parameters Query and Template ID.But i'm unable to visualize output,application calling Ep.Repeted that request/Response going on but i'm not getting Output.

Plz Help me,

Thanks,

Kumar