cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM: commitment and budget control

Former Member
0 Kudos

I implemented extended classic scenario of SRM, so I generate shopping basket in my SRM system and not anymore purchase requisition in SAP R/3. As a consequence in SAP R/3 all the controlling standard reports don’t display any data about commitment from shopping basket.

How can I get commitment from SRM in a standard or custom way?

Kind Regards

Graziano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

richard_feco
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Graziano,

as the guys above pointed out - if the shopping cart does not create a backend document directly, you'll have no commitment posted.

You have to distinguish between check - this always happen, ie. a commitment simulation is done from SRM -- nothing is really posted.

If you like to implement a (lean) shopping cart commitment (standalone+extended classic SC is considered lean from budget/commitment management perspective), you have to create a mechanism analogous to the save methods of the PO --> here a commitment iDoc BBPCO01 is sent to the backend.

Unfortunately, this is not trivial at all. You have to build up the commitment with SC. This would be not overly complicated - but to achieve correct commitment management, you'd have always post the correct reference in the relevant follow on documents.

Example - with PREQ commitment implemented.

You create a SC with 3 line items -- each posted to a different IO.

You create commitment of the type PREQ on the IOs with reference to your SC in SRM.

Now you combine a PO in Sourcing Cockpit out of your original + 3 other SCs - each with several line items posted to diverse IO/CC/WBS/whatever. For the PO you create -- let's assume it has 5 line items, you have to check the budget correctly and create 5 BBPCO01-iDocs posted with the right reference into the ERP interface. This would minimize your PREQ commitment and built up PORD commitment. Just imagine further the second PO of the remaining SC's line items will be reduced in quantity partially, checked, ordered -- reduce PREQ commitment, building up PORD commitment. Then you delete some line items of PO No.1 and adjust some quantities on line items of PO No.2....

I mean this is the complexity you'd have to take care of. It is not easy - but it is not impossible.

There is a consulting solution from SAP for this. If you like get back to me, I can forward your request to this not-free-of-charge service.

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith

Thanks for your help, I understand your answer but I should solve my need:

in SAP R/3 I have to get in custom report and standard report, especially in PS module, the commitment from shopping chart.

Can we find a standard solution or working around to get from SAP SRM to SAP R/3 the shopping chart amount ?

Thanks a lot

Graziano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graziano

Shopping carts do not create a commitment in the backend system. The commitment is only created once a purchase order is created.

This is standard functionality.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Which SRM and R/3 versions are you using ? Please give more details in next reply -></b>

<u>Meanwhile, Please go through the SAP OSS Notes :-</u>

Note 700810 - Purchase order: Commitment is not set up

Note 702994 - PO: Commitment IDoc is sent too often

Note 1068860 - Extended classic:Budget check errors on trying to change PO

Note 1060876 - External req. complete does not update commitment

Note 1010702 - Commitment item ... does not exist - SRM purchase

Note 591040 - Error in budget check for blanket purchase orders

Note 431954 - Extended classic scenario (services): Changes in R/3

<b>Related links -></b>

<u>Hope this will help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

info about SRM are:

- SAP SRM ver 4.0

- SRM server ver 5.0

- support package applied:

SAP_ABA 640 0014 SAPKA64014

SAP_BASIS 640 0014 SAPKB64014

PI_BASIS 2005_1_640 0006 SAPKIPYJ66

ST-PI 2005_1_640 0004 SAPKITLQH4

SAP_BW 350 0014 SAPKW35014

SRM_SERVER 500 0008 SAPKIBKS08

ST-A/PI 01H_BCO640 0000 -

info about R/3 versions are :

- SAP R/3 Release 4.6C ( Support Package 52 )

Bye Graziano