Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Viewer Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create a quick viewer using table join and I notice that the authorization when I execute the program is only at table authorization level.

Question: Is quick viewer authorization be down to the field level. For example, if I join MKPF and MSEG and RESB to view stock movement with reservation information. Can quick viewer check the plant authorization object (M_MSEG_WMB) to make sure that the person execute the report is only able to view his/her own data?

Regards,

Norman

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quickviewer authorizations are only at the table level - it uses auth object S_TABU_DIS - so you can only control access to a table. Unless table row level authorizations via S_TABU_LIN has been implemented, then it can control access at the row level.

0 Kudos

Hi JC,

as I thought. Even with row level is does not help me. What I need is to only allow user to view data that they are allow to. For example, if user have authorization to view company code ABC, they are only allow to display data belonging to company code ABC and nothing else.

Anyway, guess Quick Viewer is out if I want user to use it.

Regards,

Normna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Norman,

I normally use transaction MB51. Does that not fullfill your requirement?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

the example I give, well, it is only an example. MB51 is useful however, for my example, I need to also display reservation data. That is why I am thinking of using Quick Viewer instead of creating ABAP report.

Regards,

Norman