cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reference data type / message interface from another SW component

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in the process of developing common error handling routines to be used across several software components. I cannot seem to access the message interfaces I created in error handling SW component. Is there a way around this or that data objects cannot be accessed between SW components.

Thank you,

Parimala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to my posts in this thread:

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

How about message interfaces, can that be used across SW components.

Thank you for your input on Data type - very helpful.

Parimala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to use message interfaces across SW components depending upon the usage dependencies created in SLD.

You could add usage dependencies for the sw in SLD, and refresh the SW in IR. a sub folder called Basis objects wull be added into your SW. You could then use the interfaces as if they were local to the current SW.

Naveen

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure your "Other" software components are dependent on your "common software component for error handling" by creating a dependency in SLD.

And you will be able to use the message interfaces showing up in the "basis objects".

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

The object I want to refer is declared in SWC A as data type - x_DT. I would like to access this x_DT in SWC B.

Therefore, in SLD under SWC B, I created a dependency on A using dependency context - Installation time / define dependency - A.

I cleared SXI_CACHE.

Now when I try to create data type y_DT in B, I cannot find x_DT in "search help", I see only the data types for SWC B in search result for component version. I don't see x_DT from A.

Is there anything else I'm missing. Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thank you,

Parimala

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether x_DT shows up under BASIS objects of the SWC B. If that is the case then you shld be able to see the data type listed in the "search help"

Regards,

Sridhar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parimala,

have you reimported your SWCV into IR after defining the dependencies?

also check this answer by Dirk:

now you should be able to see your dependencies:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal / Sridhar,

This is now working very well. I can share message interfaces and data types a/c components.

Great job you guys.

Thanks,

Parimala

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nice:)

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)