cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance optimization/tuning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My Client wants to do Performance Tuning in 4.6 B Server /Database - Oracle8.0 -O/s- Aix Unix.but unfortunately they do not have SAP Support..that's why i am unable to get EARLY WATCH REPORT from SAP.

i am trying to prepare this report manually.......i just need to know is how to get the following details of the server :-

1)SAP Service Tools

2)Transaction Profile Check/ transaction by Total worKload

3)Transaction by DB load

<b>IN DB Settings</b>

1)Load Per User

2)Database Growth......

Please tell me the exact transaction Codes with relevant information... or if you guys have any Doc. then please Post.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

We have one system running 4.6c and ST03 does provide information on workload, though its not as friendly and detailed as in new releases.

If you are not able to get the required information from the application, use database and OS utilities to get information on the server performance. Installing statspack in 8i will be useful, also, check if there are OS level utilities available or construct scripts to run commands like sar, top.

Cheers,

Nisch

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can dig down using ST03, ST04, DB02.

The software is very old (4.6B) and the database is out of support by Oracle and by SAP so if you need patches to increase performance you´re pretty lost.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah ! I am aware of it that software is pretty old and now Oracle and SAP not providing support to this older versions.u told me the T-Codes St02,st04,st04.

but i am not getting the things under this Tcodes which i mentioned earlier.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Service Tools

They are available as part of the extended maintenance contract, I don´t know about 4.6B but you need to download the current tools from the service marketplace and install them, if you don´t have access (or your client) to the archived site for that old software because of a missing contract you´re lost.

2. + 3. + 4.

That data is available in the mentioned transaction, you need to summarize it yourself.

That data is definitely available in DB02.

What you want to do will be some work, it´s not like executing the transactions, downloading to excel and copy it into a word document.

--

Markus