Did you mean: 

approval of SC after sourcing is complete

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Our scenario is as follows:

1) User creates text based requirement

2) Requirement does not require approval as creator is not sure of price and / or vendor.

3) Requirement goes to sourcing Cockpit for vendor and price assignment

I am ok upto here the next step is where I face the problem.

4) After vendor and price is assigned I would like the Sourcing user to convert the requirement into a PO but then for the PO to require approval in SRM before it is sent to the Backend system. What I am finding is that as soon as the sourcing user adds the vendor and the price selects the create PO button, a SAP po is created in the backend straight away. Is there anyway of triggering an approval for the PO before it reaches the backend.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave

The default agent determination for this workflow is as follows:

After the completion workflow has started, all purchasers of the determined Purchasing Organization of the SC receive a work item for postprocessing of the incomplete SC.

Once a purchaser has dealt with the work item, it disappears from the inboxes of the remaining purchasers.

Keith

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your help. I understand the concepts now but am still having diffiulty in determining the agents. When you say "all purchasers of the determined purchasing organisation" - how are these users categorised, what do I have to do to get the system to pick these users up. is it role based or org structure based....

Thanks in advance

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using stndard workflow / custom SRM business workflow (Buyer/Purchaser completion Workflow) in your case ?

If yes, then create a rule (And assign a custom function module there, where you can determine the all possible agents with your own logic) and then you can get all the possible agents in Agent determination for this workflow accordingly...

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope all is well.

I would like to try and use the Organisational Structure or roles to determine the agents is this not possible with workflow ws14000044

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Meanwhile, please try the following SAP OSS Notes as well -></u>

Note 740673 SRM-EBP-WFL:Several purchasing groups missing in BO BUS2121

Note 778232 WS14000044: Termination with inserted approval

Note 725250 No workflow determined when creating a shopping cart

Note 802421 BUS2121 attributes ExistNoVendorLineItem ExistNoPriceLineIte

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case of classic workflows (single step , double step , purchasers workflow) , system will determine the required agents from the org structure.

so only thing required here is , to have the org structure where the users are already maintained , and then to activate the workflow and maintain the conditions under which the workflow should start.

there is no need to write any code for derermination of agents as everything is already built in.

award points if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave

The workflow will use the org structure as the agent determination.

In your org you should have a "Purchasing Organisation" node and below this will be the Purchasing Groups.

The workflow will then use the users that are listed in the PG nodes as the possible agents.

Keith

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Agreed

Ws1400004 completion workflow is best for this scenario.

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

forgot to add.

The reason that I was unable to determine agents for WS1400004 was because auth object

S_USER_GRP activity 03 and 05 was required on the custom role we had.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained start conditions for starting the Purchase order workflow?

what is the scenario you are using? is it classic (or) extended classic? , please let me know

in the case of classic scneario , there is no local document available , so workflow is not possible in this case.

award points if usefull

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

As per Atuls reply, what I actually need to use is WS14000044, however I am having problems with the agent determination for this. what I would like is for a select group of users to perform the order completion.

Please could you suggest how this may be done.

Thanks

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave

The standard for this workflow is that once the purchaser completes the cart it should go back to the requisitioner so that he can accept the changes and then on to the requisitioner's manager for approval.

Once the manager approves the cart, the PO is then created and output accordingly.

There is no point adding an approval step to the PO as all this approval should have been done after the cart was completed by the purchaser.

Look at the following graphic on this page.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5a/af5f1d85d011d2b42d006094b92d37/frameset.htm

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through this -></b>

<u>You have a requirement to a enable buyer (purchaser) completion workflow process here.</u>

<b>Related links -></b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/8b/4fa9585db211d2b404006094b92d37/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/8b/4fa9585db211d2b404006094b92d37/frameset.htm

<u>See related SAP OSS Notes given below, which will help -></u>

Note 846334 - BAdI workflows: Problems with 'Accept changes'

Note 855867 - ordering on behalf remains in awaiting approval

Note 1015915 Wrong restarts in some cases

You can use BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI for Approval workflow. There is a consulting OSS Note 731637 that explains how it works. To implement it in SRM,you can go to transaction SE18 in BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI. In the menu choose Goto/implementation You should find the SAP implementation example.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul