cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPerror : Invalid class file format (running with MI SP17)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting a run time error while running XMAM30 Custom Application in my PDA. The same application is running fine under LAPTOP MI2.5 SP17.

<b>

Here is the error trace :</b>

Error : 500

Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException:

Unable to compile class for JSPerror: Invalid class file format:/MI/webapps/XMAM30_ECLIPSE/WEB-INF/classes/com/sap/mbs/mam/appplication/web/JSPPropertyKeys.class, wrong version : 47, expected 45

/MI/work/localhost_8080%2FXMAM30_ECLIPSE/_002fmam_0005fhhome_0002ejsp

Class com.sap.mbs.mam.application.web.JSPPropertyKeys not found in import.

I tried by deploying the Standard XMAM30, and was worked fine without giving any errors.

<b>Here is the environment of PDA:</b>

Processor : ARM920T

Creme : CrEme327b_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal

MI : MI2.5 SP17

MAM : Custom MAM Compiled in NWDS using jdk1.3.1_15

Can anybody pleas help me resolving this issue.

Regards,

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I did not get it in the thread, however expected version 45 means your VM (Creme) is expecting JDK1.1 compatible classes which versions usually varies from 45.3 to 45.65535.

47 version means the class file compatibility is JDK1.3.

In NWDS choose Window -> Preferences -> Java(from the tree) -> Compiler -> Compliance and classfiles and see the value of "Generated .class files compatibility", change accordingly.

Best Regards,

Lalo Ivanov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

Thanks for the response with the the detailed version errors.

I have checked my compiler compiliance and is selected as 1.1.

Now I could generate the war file with precompiled jsp pages and my application is working fine.

I have one doubt, if I want to compile the package with jdk1.1.8, but I did not found any tools.jar under lib folder. I found a class.zip file , can I use this class.zip file instead of tools.jar file.

If I could do that then these files can be work under any version.

Regards,

Murthy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Murthy,

No, you cannot exchange tools.jar with classes.zip.

tools.jar contain some Java tools like javac, javadoc, javah, etc., but classes.zip contain the compiled classes of the JDK1.1.

Since the generated class files are 1.1 compatible you can run them on all >=1.1 versions of JDKs, since JDKs are backward compatible. So, you use e.g. JDK1.4 for compilation of classes compatible to run on JDK1.1 and later - that's enough as I get your request.

Best Regards,

Lalo Ivanov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo Ivanov,

If I dont want to use precompiled jsp files I have to compile my package with JDK1.1.8 If that is the case how can I do that if I dont have a tools.jar file with JDK1.1.8.

As per my knowledge JDK1.1.8 is of compatible for windows 98/2000. But my OS is Windows XP, Is that's the reason I did not get tools.jar file.

Please let me know if I am wrong, and tell me how to compile my package with JDK1.1.8.

Regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

JDK1.1.8 compatibility has nothing in common with the OS you use. And you do not have tools.jar in JDK1.1.8 since in this JDK there is no such jar. For compilation of the Java classes you do not need tools.jar!

You need only path to Javac i.e. you need to have to set the correct setting inside NWDS, namely Window->Preferences->Java(from the tree)->Installed JREs, you need JAVA_HOME to be set to the correct 1.1.8 home, and you

have to check if the shortcut which start your NWDS do not have -vm option (at least pointing to some undesired VM).

Best Regards,

Lalo Ivanov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy

Few suggestions from my side

1. Can you please make sure that the class JSPPropertyKeys is available in the exported war file under the location MAM30_ECLIPSE/WEB-INF/classes/com/sap/mbs/mam/appplication/web/.

2. If you have not precompiled the JSP files then errors like wrong version: 47, expected 45 tend to occurs on PDA. Hence make sure your JSP files are precomiled.

3. Try using JDK 1.4 in NWDS rather than 1.3

4. Delete the entire contents of work folder in MI.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

1. Can you please make sure that the class JSPPropertyKeys is available in the exported war file under the location MAM30_ECLIPSE/WEB-INF/classes/com/sap/mbs/mam/appplication/web/.

<b>is there in the specified path</b>

2. If you have not precompiled the JSP files then errors like wrong version: 47, expected 45 tend to occurs on PDA. Hence make sure your JSP files are precomiled.

<b>You are right, I have not done the precompilation. After you asked me to do that I have done that but I could not found the compiled java files of the jsp pages, even though I put check in "keep generated java files aftere .war files has been generated" while generating java file. Also generated class files of the java files are placing under WEB-INF/lib folder with application_name.jar</b>

<b>These files are there in standard war file.</b>

3. Try using JDK 1.4 in NWDS rather than 1.3

<b>I have tried with 1.4 also</b>

4. Delete the entire contents of work folder in MI.

<b>I have deleted them</b>

<b><u>My NWDS is Version: 7.0.06</u></b>

Please tell me how to get these generated .class files for jsp files

Thanks in Advance,

Murthy.