cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage location and plant relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

please any body tell me can i assign one storage location to more than one plant within the same company code . if yes than please give me business scenario and if not than why?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

I think you need to explain the question a bit more.

But any way according to my assumption you questions appears to be having two dimensions. The answer is as follows based on my assumptions:

1) If your question is about using the same storage location for multiple plants with in the same company code to store the finished goods then the answer is no, because technically and logically it is not viable and SAP does not support that.

2) And if you question is about using the same storage location number or name (eg:0001) then the answer is yes because there will two storage locations for two different plants. For example plant A with the storage location 0001 and plant B with another storage location 0001 (with the same number).

So technically both plants have storage locations to store the finished goods.

I hope one of the answer will solve your query, if not please explain a bit more about your question.

Please award points if the answer provided is helpful.

thanks

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

but in real business scene we can use one storoage location for two plants so how you we will address this case i m talking about ecc6.0 specifically . plz reply me

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if plants are in the same vicinity yes, diff plants can have same storage location and shipping point also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can, there are many scenarios.

1. You have a couple of plants in different locations and the customer returns has to be stored in a particular storage location, then we need to assign the storage location to different plants.

2. It is not mandatory that one storage location will only store the goods manufactured in one plant, it can store the goods manufatured in multiple plants.

As I said, there are many scenario's.

Prase