cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating Plant & Business Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have given the following plant with business area, but the user could change the plant with other business area.

Plan : 1100 1200 1300

Business Area : 1100 1200 1300

So we need to write a validation, could you please help me how to do validate both, so that if the user enter 1100 plant with 1200 BA he should get a warning message.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards'

Syed

SAP PS Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vaibhavgoel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am getting error while ctreating the below validation.

Please suggest.

Prerequisits:

proj-VGSBR =T134G-GSBER

it gives a error message formulae not complete.

T134G-WERKS=PROJ-WERKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

The Validation can be applied both at the wbs & project level....

1. For Project Or wbs:

SPRO VIEW: Project systems --structures - operative structures- WBS-- maintain validation

click on the project or wbs as required.

Create a new validation & name it. create a step inside the rule... by clicking validation & step buttons available.

Now give the prerequisites You can give project profile , type & BA as prerequisities for your requirement by selecting the same from the table fields on the right of the screen

next for check --- select the plant field and give the value..as required for the BA.

for msg --- you have to create a msg type and maintain the number...here and save your validation.

For three BA you can have three steps maintained in the validation...

Assign this validation to your required project profile and tick the Auto validation button available in the profile.

Hope this helps you.

Rgds,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for your valuable information, pradeep there is already validation done for RA but the end user can change business area & plant.

So we need to write new validation, can i write the validation in the same old or do i need to creat new.

If yes how can two validation profile can be linked to one.

Regards'

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

As already the validation exists and same has been assigned to the project profile... you can just add a step in the same validation and check out its functioning...

Hope this helps you.

Rgds,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I apologise for the delay caused in replying, the function does'nt seems to working, anyway i have written validation for Tcode where it trigger the warning to check plant and business area.

Thanks for your valuable solution.

What could be the othere way to restric the user from selecting the wrong Plant & Business area.

Regards'

Syed