Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EK01 as a calculation for Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Looking for some assistance on pricing

We are running RRB and are bringing through costs in the DMR Debit Memo. We want to use these costs as basis for our pricing and add 20%

I have created a new surcharge condition and want to create a routine to automatically calculate the 20% value and add to the costs to get my selling price

The question is, where should I put the routine? (Condition value? Base Condition Value?)

Thanks

Steve

PS. If there is then another rule, such as if sales price exists then ignore the cost + 20% rule. Where would this could be best placed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The selling price should be 120% of the cost of the material.

i.e. To calculate the selling price (Remember the selling price is not determined by condition records, it has to be determined thorugh routine), the cost should be known (may be through condition record or some other way)

Once cost is known, the logic of calculating the 120% of it is in the routine. And the routine doesnt need to pass this as condition base value. This is because, the value itself is the value we want. We dont want some X% of this value as discount or surcharge.

So in this case, the routine you write should be a condition value routine(not base value routine) which should calculate 120% of the cost and populate as the value of selling price condition type.

BTW, based on how you configure your condition types, you can do it with condition base value routine or even without any routine.

For ex... lets say your cost is 100 euros.

Now create selling price condition type with percentage as the Calculation type.

Now create a condition record of 120% for this selling price c.type.

In this case, even without routine, if you just mention the cost c.type step no as the reference for selling price con.type, the value will automatically come for this c.type.

Hope this clarifies the ways of enabling this solution.

Reward if this helps.

Answers (0)