cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage location from Shopping Cart is overwritten in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to convert a Shopping Cart to Purchase order using the sourcing application. However while doing that my Shopping Cart Storage location always gets overwritten by one particular Storage Location in PO. Even if i try and change the storage location to the correct one in PO, it again gets overwritten. This is causing problem during the Goods Receipt.

I am using the SRM 5.0 version and recently the system got upgraded to Support Pack 9.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

regards

manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please see related SAP OSS Notes, which will help -></b>

Note 671266 - Default settings: Storage location is not filled

Note 944592 - No location when vendor has changed

Note 927134 - Plant not assigned to company code

Note 929974 - Company code is not determined

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please go through the following observations based on the information you have provided :

1. Check the Extended Attributes tab for the user whether the concerned plant and storage location were maintained or not.

2. Check whether that particular storage location is maintained for the concerned plant or not.

3. Check for the same using different user and different plant storage location combination.

Its difficult to say exactly what is the problem but for me it looks to be the storage location is not maintained for a particular plant thats why its taking the default storage location (generally the first one in alphabetical order)

Please revert after checking the above observations for further help.

Reward points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

No plant and storage locations are maintained in the extended attribute tab. Also the storage location that overwrites the correct storage location in PO is not the first one in the storage location list.

regards

manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

The plant and the storage locations have to be maintained in the extended attributes tab of the P.Group to which the User is assigned so that the user can inherit those attributes otherwise you can directly assign the plant and storage locations responsible in the extended attributes tab of the user.

Only then you can able to choose the storage locations otherwise it will assign / prompt something by default and that may be the reason why you are not able to change the storage location.

Please make this modification and let me know the outcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

We have the same setting that I mentioned before in development system and the functionality is working perfectly well. There I do not maintain anything in the Extended Attribute Tab.

regards

manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I can not say how that is working but its always advisable to maintain the plant and storage locations in the Extended Attributes tab of the responsible P.Group to which the user is assigned.

Try these modifications and let me know whether you could able to choose the required storage location or not.

Rgds,

Teja