cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range (series) for Billing Document (F2) and Excise Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know how the number ranges / number series is defined for billing documents (F2) and excise invoice, for India business scenario.

In India, the excise invoice is given to the customer so that he can the excise duty/ cenvat. This invoice acts as the Tax invoice (having all pricing elements apart from excise duty) against which customer outstanding is considered. That is, the payment due will be tracked against this Tax (excise) invoice.

But in SAP, the accounts posting is done (customer a/c debited) when we creaate and post the billing document (type F2). Hence, the outstanding amount is tracked against the billing document created. This billing doc/invoice will have all the pricing components like price, discount, freight, etc apart from excise duty.

The excise invoice is created separately....with ref to the above billing doc....for posting the excise duty.

If the number ranges for billing document and excise invoice are different then it is difficult to trace the outstanding amount from a particular customer on the basis of excise invoice created in the system.

Can somebody provide inputs/solution on this?

Thanks indvance.

Rgds,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for F2 type of invoice you can maintain the number range in transaction SNRO. choose RV_BELEG as teh object and create teh number range. choose if you want the number range to be internal (seq and auto determined by the system) or extenal (manually determined by the user). assign the number range to the invoice type.

exceise number ranges are goverened by the series group and the excise year. a series group can have the same invoice number range across years. to maintain the same goto SNRO . choose J_1IEXCLOC as the object. choose the series grp and year and create the number range.

similarly you can create the export number rangess too.

saurabh

Message was edited by:

saurabh diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

My question is not how to define number range for billing doc and excise invoice? i mean what procedure / tcode to be used for the same?

My question is whether we need to define same number range for Billing doc (F2) as well as Excise Invoice.

For example: number range 1000 to 1999 --- same for F2 and excise invoice....

Lets say billing doc 1000 is created. Further, when we create excise invoice w.r.t. this billing doc....the excise invoice created will also need to be 1000. ....so that we can identify that against this excise invoice, we need to collect the payment from customer.

If the number ranges for billing doc and excise invoice are different, then it is difficult for the user to trace the outstanding payment .....because genarally the excise is treated as Tax invoice by companies in India ...(so that the customer can claim the excise duty....when he purchases the goods from the company).

Whereas the customer account is hit when the billing doc is posted .....hence i feel, we need to keep the same number range for billing doc and exice invoice.

Hope the question/scenario is clear now.

I would appreciate the inputs on the above, from the consultants/experts who have worked on SAP implementation projects in India.

Rgds,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi for defining number ranges t_code is vn01 u can assign number range in the documents