cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't build tutorial 42

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there anybody who tried to open tutorial 42 (Web Dynpro Component Interface Definitions in Practice)? I downloaded the zip file containing the ready-to-use WD development components and followed the instructions in the readme documentation. I could open it, but building in step 2g was not possible because all the links between the DCs showed were erroneous.

I tried to do the exercise described in the pdf file "Web Dynpro Java for Experts: Web Dynpro Component Interface Definitions In Practice - Exercises and Solutions". At page 6, step 5 I get either an empty or a greyed context on the left side so I can't map them. Does anybody know what could be missing here?

Here is the link to the sample applications and tutorial page:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de18b94a...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Marc,

I developed the sample Web Dynpro DCs within SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP8. Do you try to import them in NetWeaver 04? If yes, the import will fail based on compatibility restrictions.

Regards, Bertram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bertram,

thank you for your answer. I had NW 2004s SP 9 installed when it failed. Now I'm running on SP 12. This morning I tried again to open the zip file to show you screenshots and tell you the exact error messages. It works now, I can build and execute exercise 1. I didn't try exercise 2. So the problem is solved.

Sorry but I can't test it on SP 9 again.

Regards,

Marc