cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print transfer order with smartforms (OMLV) why??

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to use smartforms for transfer order printing because we need

to print barcodes on every printer (without memory card) using new

barcode technology.

But, in the OMLV transaction, we can't assign smartforms to our transfer

order, only sapscripts are allowed !

is there any standard solution to by-pass this limitation ?

If this is limitation then why so .???

Thanks for any help .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason for the limitation is that SAPscript was initially the only method for form production. When Smartforms was introduced different SAP modules introduced it at different times, some choosing not to use it at all. New functions (CRM for example) only use Smartforms, some use both and some only SAPscript.

There isn't a standard way to get round this, but there something you can usually do if you are able to specify the print program in configuration. Here you don't have that option.

In this case the configuration transaction OMLV allows you to specify a SAPscript, you could in theory call the Smartform from with the SAPscript, using it just as a wrapper. It could all get a bit messy though.

I think you're stuck with SAPscript.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your suggestions,

Could you just tell me in some more clear perspective and how i used in wrapper manner .

Any suggestions welcome,

Thanks ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem. I haven't used this myself but the theory is as follows;

Smartforms are generated into function modules and can so be called from any ABAP program.

SAPscript can call ABAP subroutines.

So you could create an empty SAPscript that just calls a subroutine, that in turn calls the smartform.

The difficulty will be passing the data from the SAPscript to the smartform, as the SAPscript will only hold single fields and your form almost certainly has repeated rows. It depends on what sort of output you want to produce, as the data used in the form gets more complex, the less suitable this will be.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help Nick,

I find some more techincal answer as ,

Unfortunately there is no pre-configured SmartForms available for Warehouse Management (WM) - see OSS note 430621 for the list of smartforms available since release 4.6C.

Currently SmartForms are not in the standard delivery forWM. All SAP layout sets are with Sapscript. - See OSS note 412293 for more further information.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply i am working with your reply as you suggested and it works for me.

Now what i want to know more that i call the smartforms driver program eg:- ZTESTLABELS in sap script program name 'ZSCRIPTTEST' that sap script name i pass to tcode OMLV it prints the appropriate results but what happens about that blank sap script i supposed that it would too print there but it only prints the smartform not the blank page.

If i am wrong then just correct me .

Waiting for your suggestions and reply .

Thanks & Regards,

Navdeep singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Good to hear you're making progress.

I think you will always get a blank SAPscript as well as your Smartform. You'll probably need to set the print parameters for each such that they are in different spools requests and only the Smartform actually prints. The SAPscript spool will get deleted by the standard system jobs, so you don't need to worry about it.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for quick reply ,

- Till now what I have done is to create a blank SAP Script which calls my driver program for the Smartforms.

- I am not passing any value (have hardcoded values in the driver program) and everything works fine.

- The next step I would do is to pass the fields I require as parameters to the driver program and it should do the trick.

Since you had earlier advised that this solution can get messy, could you please confirm if doing this would be good enough, or is there something else that would need to be done. Just trying to be sure before I actually implement this solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Navdeep singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far so good. My next concern would be if your Smartform has a TABLE parameter in the interface, as your SAPscript will only ever have one row of that table at any one time.

Regards,

Nick