cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy Exception / Fault Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a requirement to raise an exception from existing ABAP Proxy depending on condition. XI consultant created a fault messge type and attached to the inbound interface message type. I have regenerated the ABAP proxy but I cant find any thing in excpetion tab to raise exception.

Please let me know the solution for this.

reward points are available.

-Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Go to Sproxy .

Select the message interface for which you generated the proxy.

Click on the Structure tab. Do you see any Exception Class generated for fault message ?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I can't find any exception class there in 'Structure' tab. what might be the problem.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In SProxy ..under the Message Interface you will see Fault Message Type.

Click on Fault Message Type and check if you can see the fault message type created by xi consultant.

Also ask your xi team to login to IR and re-activate the interface.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I can't find any fault message type under Fault Message Type. I will ask my XI consultant to reactivate the interface.

Is this the only problem for this or is htere any other reason for not finding this fault message type in SPROXY.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Ideally the fault message type should be visible unless he has defined Software Dependencies and using MT from some other SC.

Even if the fault message type is not visible everything could be all right.

Ask him to check if he selected the fault message type while activating the interface.

Do update us when you get a reply from ur xi team.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I have checked with XI admin, he said that he created fault message types in Development Xi but R/3 Development refers to Production XI system in exchange profiles. He asked me to change it to XI development in exhange profile settings. So I am searching info on how to set exchange profiles.

Reagards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The following link will guide you ..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c9/7a1041ebf0f06fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I dont think we need to do any changes in Exchange Profile for proxy communication.

Changing the RFC Destinations (in your R/3 system)- LCRSAPRFC & SAPSLDAPI should solve your problem.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

You are correct,

Really got great help from you.

I have changed the logical destination, Now I got fault message type. I will write the code to raise an axception.

Again thanks for your greta help which solved a problem request.

Please let me know how to reward the points to you

regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Gr8 to know your problem is solved.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Just follow all the steps defined in the below Blog and you will find the solution.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

Regards,

Sarvesh

***Reward Points, if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must add the exeption class name in your exeptions tab of abap proxy.

Regards

Akshay.

Message was edited by:

Akshay Jamgaonkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

We can't add the exception calss in SPROXY, this should be available when a fault message type is added to the message interface right?

Please let me know is there any alternative to ass exception directly.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Venkat