cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best solution for SAP R/3 4.7 and Windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect SAP R/3 4.7 with RFC from Mobile application , now i'm using .net 2005 Windows mobile 5.0 pocket pc. Does Sap.net connector work for this project?

BR,

Prachya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachya,

it will not work on a PDA, because the .Net Compact Framework has only a limited instructionset of the .NET Framework and so you run into compile errors. You have to create the Proxies in Visual Studio 2003 anyway, because the .NEt connector requests Visual Studio 2003 for installation - at least this was the case 3 months ago still. once it is created you can import it to Visual Studio 2005 and use it there. But if you try to do that in a PDA App, you run into compile errors - as I said above.

I guess in your case another approach would make more sence - as you are not willing to use MI for your app.

Either you use MS SQL Server in between. On the PDA you can use SQL Everywhere/Mobile/CE (they change the name constantly, but it is the SQL Server for the PDA from MS) and connect it to an SQL server. there is a build in Sync functionality with the SQL server. You will find helpfull introductions on MSDN. And from the SQL Server you can connect to the Backend with your .Net connector. But this solution has its problems, because the build in sync with SQL server is a little tricky - and you need to license SQL server.

On the other hand: you can implement a Webservice, that connects with the PDA. This is possible with the .NEt Compact framework. And from the WebService you connect with your .NEt connector to the R/3 system. This will work fine - but you have to take care of the delta handling.

Hope this helps a little to answer your question - and why not use MI for that?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachya,

do you try the ITSmobile Architecture?

You must create RF Transaction based on real ABAP Dynpros

and generete for this dynpros templates that can be also displayed

on a web browser.

So you can communicate over an webbrowser with your ABAP System.

For a SAP R/3 4.7 you need an ITS Server that isnt integrated on the ABAP System...

Bye

Christoph