cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error in RFC. I am trying to implement the File to RFC scenario using BPM by Arpit Seth. /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit . Now I am getting some error in RFC. It is giving an error in BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL.Exception in sxmb_moni. How do I find out what error it is and why is it happening.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is related to the data u r trying to transfer. Check the payload again.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I check the BAPI

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that prob could be related to BAPI as u r using a standard BAPI. U may still view it in se37.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

Your Bapi BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL is throwing an exception.

The problem might be with either the data you are passing to the BAPI or with the actual BAPI program. For debugging the RFC calls check this blog. It will be very helpful

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/17/xi-debugging-rfc-calls-from-the-xi-not-possible-who-said-that-

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the data is right. Let me check the BAPI itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I went in to sxmb_moni and clicked on process and then selected the message and then said with technical details It says Unable to determine name of mapping program. Now when I check my ID the name of the mapping is there in the Interface Determination and and I activated it once again. I also wen to the IR and activated the mapping program once again. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there some way I can find out what is going on with RFC other than doing what is mentioned in Michals Blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't read Prateek's reply. Let me check it in se37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh the BAPI works like a charm. Now how do I resolve the Unable to find mapping program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI is returning a response and there is no response mapping is specified so this is causing the "Unable to determine mapping program"

Check SXI_MONITOR in the target application to see what is being returned from the BAPI call.

Also check transaction ST22 for any short dumps that may be occurring when you perform the BAPI call.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the payload.

Next go to sxmb_moni_bpe.

Select the integration process.

Select the technical details button applicaiton tool bar / shift + F9.

You can find out at which step the error is thrown.

I had one peculiar problem once. While passing the company id you need to also specify leading zeros in the source document.

Hope itz of some help.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the BAPI you are using.

Thanks