cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports between Sneak Preview systems

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have installed ABAP Sneak Preview SP12 in two machines. Now i'd like to set up a transport path between them, so i can for example create programs in one of them and get them in the other (a laptop I can take with me).

Since i'm no BASIS guy (i'm an ABAP developer) I don't know how this task gets done,

or even if it can get done with the sneak previews...

Besides, i'm getting in both systems just by going to SE10 transaction.

Has anyone tried it?

Please post if you did and how.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please people, nobody did this? I do not necessarily need to create a transport scheme but to have an easy way to pass developments back and forth both machines. I've found <a href="http://wiki.ittoolbox.com/index.php/Upload/download_SAP_transport_request">this utilities</a> which supposedly would allow to save any transportable order to a file and upload from that file, both activate but i'm not getting them to actually work, because the order file is not found.

I've also read about SAPLink project, would that allow me to do this?

Please, any help is welcome.

Thanks

Moderators: Please, move this thread over to the <i>NetWeaver AS, General forum</i> as it seems this one only deals with installation issues. I thought this was the only one for the Sneak preview related issues.

Thanks

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPlink has solved my problem. I'd like nevertheless to have a transport scheme for this, but is not needed now and i'm in a real hurry.

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Take a look at the weblogs:

<a href="/people/manfred.lutz/blog/2007/04/25/abap-trial-version-for-newbies-part-8-exporting-development-objects-from-sp8 8 ' Exporting development objects from SP8 '</a>

and

<a href="/people/manfred.lutz/blog/2007/04/27/abap-trial-version-for-newbies-part-9-importing-a-transport-into-sp1112 9 ' Importing a transport into SP11 '</a>

This is not exactly what you are looking for because it uses a file, but anyway, this method should work as well for two SP12 Systems.

Regards,

Klaus

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

I can't believe it - I went through most of the blog's Part 7 which introduces CTS but doesn't give a step-by-step example as the following parts do. Had I read the blogs you point to before, I'd have saved myself a lot of trouble. But it's never too late - i'll read them now so I have an alternative to using SAPlink which is giving me some minor issues.

Many thanks,

Regards