Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger two concatenated actions with button

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would to trigger two concatenated actions in a table view when a button is pressed. These two actions are insert(after) and launch a popup iview to get a new entry in the table. If I do not include the insert(after) command before to launch the popup the new entry overwrite the selected row in the table.

I tried to define a Dynamic action with a formula like 'INSERT(AFTER)'&'CMD(NEWMAT)' but only the first action is executed.

Is it possible to concatenate actions?? If positive is the & the and operator?

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

You can't concatenate actions in a formula. But, you can "use a spinner" to work around it.

Spinner is aa UI control which acts to an increase of value as if you clicked on it. You can have your button trigger 2 spinner and use each for your action. Make sure to manipulate the flow to make the insert first.

(you can also try 1 spinner with conditioned event).

Hope it helps,

Shay

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

> Hi Antonio,

>

> You can't concatenate actions in a formula. But, you

> can "use a spinner" to work around it.

>

> Spinner is aa UI control which acts to an increase of

> value as if you clicked on it. You can have your

> button trigger 2 spinner and use each for your

> action. Make sure to manipulate the flow to make the

> insert first.

>

> (you can also try 1 spinner with conditioned event).

>

> Hope it helps,

> Shay

Thanks Shay. It is a good idea to trigger two actions with a button but... How can you concatenate them? I mean I need first to insert a row and then to call the pop up?

Regards,

Antonio

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Use one set of spinners to trigger the actions you need including opening the popup iView.

Have another set of spinners do the actions you need after closing the popup. Use the returned values from the popup to change one of the spinners.

Good luck,

Shay

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally I found the solution.

It is needed two spinners. One for calling the popup iview (sp1) and other one for inserting a row in the table (sp2). Everything is triggered with a button which fires a signal mapping the two spinners ( sp11, sp2). In the popup iview endpoint are filled up the fields to be inserted in table and returned the two spinners with the following values: sp1 and sp21 (the two spinners are pass out as input to the popup iview). So when I close the popup a new row is inserted in the table containing the chosen values in the popup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

If you'll drill down in the link I gave, you will find an example for a model that concotenats several actions.

Good luck

Shay

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shay,

I tried to use the spinners solution you pointed out in the reference, but I got a problem. Initialy, I triggered the popup directly from the table. So, what I needed was first to insert a new row and then to trigger the popup iview transporting the popup output fields automatically to the table row. To apply your solution I have used an input form with the spinners and the fields I want to transport to the table row. So, now the popup is associated to this new input form and the actions order is: first to call the popup (getting the values to insert in the row) and then insert a new row in the table.

What I get is that the poppup iview is triggered and then it is inserted a new row in the table, but the output fields in the popup are still not filled since I do not close the popup. So I insert an empty row in the table

I need to control that this second action (insert a new row) it is triggered after I close the popup.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Please see this :

as an example for concatenating actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Actions can not be concatenated. Try 'Event Condition' or two separate actions to two separate buttons.

regards,

Swapnil

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

> Hi Antonio,

> Actions can not be concatenated. Try 'Event

> Condition' or two separate actions to two separate

> buttons.

>

> regards,

> Swapnil

Thanks,

but that is what I have: 2 buttons....and my question is how can I simplify the two buttons taking into account that the two actions have to be triggered one after the other.

Antonio