cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lap top configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Could you please tell me a good configuration for laptop to run sap r/3 and xi smoothly.

what i want to know will be

processor, ram, hard disk and operating system.

Thanks in advance

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

XI works the best when it has a dedicated server with good configurations.Still if you want to use it on your laptop and can assure that only 1 client will be associated with it then go for the minimal configuration, your purpose will be solved.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for HP pavallion dv6000 series..2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD. it will work as its working fine on my Leptop:)

Also 100 GB is not fit as R3 need 65 GB and XI need 40GB apart from that thre should be some sapce where u can save ur softwares:)

why 160 GB for R3 and XI? Reason.

whn u create somescneatios or applying SP its requiredmemory so better to plan from now:)

Let me know if u have any querry.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

I was just thinking of dv6000. but the configuration of dv9000 just caught my eye.

if it is working fine in 6000 that will suffice. by the wats the operating system you use

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly i wouldn't suggest any one to install R/3 and XI on the laptop unless you really have very high end config.

With basic configuration as suggested it tends to be very slow.Some times it juz ain't worth.

Best would be having a desktop running as a server and using laptop as a client.

If you still wanna try above mentioned config will do.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

Can i install XI on windows XP ? because as i know base on platform supported by SAP XI only windows server 2003. In my experience the installer will be give you warning if you using windows XP.

Linux may be one of the other choise.

Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rakesh,

with the requirement mentioned by Fernand, you would just be able to run XI. But if you want to run it smoothly, you need a RAM of 8gb. The hard disk requirement is fine. But it is suggestable if you are having a 160 gig. intel core 2 duo will provide you with a good processor speed. XP is good. or you can go for windows 2003 server edition. If you ever used a unix machine, then i would suggest you go for it. but as you know they will not be that user friendly in accssing the things. Solaris is a good option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You need at least 4 GB RAM, and 100 GB harddisk, SQL Server 2000 SP4 / Oracle 9 / MaxDB, OS = Microsoft Windows Server 2003.

Regards

Fernand