cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been doing some research on B2B scenarios and the one thing I really can't get my head around is the stuff on the Agency.

For example

016 - for Dun & Bradstreet Corporation

009 - for EAN – International Article Numbering Association

166 - for NMFTA – National Motor Freight Traffic Association

What are the semantic meanings? As in is there something else that goes with these or do you need to register with these agencies?

Or are they simply labels and no more than that...

What exactly are these agencies...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your efforts but that really doesnt answer my question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

you need not register with any of these. They are here provided as examples for our understanding. It is basically to ensure that we understand the party, agency and scheme concept and the values that you see gere are provided as examples by SAP. You can have a party of your own (depending on the business requirements) and and agency and scheme for that party.

For further information on Dun and Bradstreet, you can see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dun_%26_Bradstreet

Similarly are the other two companies.

So you need not worry much about them.

Reward if helpful,

Sarath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Ricardo

Please refer the folowing blogs

Some blogs that will help you configure B2B scenarios;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

<b>Ensuring A2A and B2BIntegration</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/15/5f934249c30c31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

<b>XI Content Certification in a B2B Scenario - Case Study</b>

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/01/18/xi-content-certification-in-a-b2b-scenario--case-study

<b>Configuring Secure Business-to-Business Integration</b>

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/08/08/teched-06-epi300-configuring-secure-business-to-business-integration

/people/shailesh.mane/blog/2006/06/27/b2b-configuration-part-i--creating-an-integration-scenario

/people/shailesh.mane/blog/2006/06/29/b2b-configuration-part-ii--creating-the-configuration-using-the-automated-configuration-tool

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/02/22/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-i-of-iii--interfaces

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/03/23/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-ii-of-iii--mapping

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/09/09/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-iii-of-iii--config-test

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c189119d-0801-0010-a6a2-f0b010e7...

A2A scenario means - you are sending the data across different applications using XI

Ex : File to IDoc , File to JDBC, HTTP to JDBC ,...etc...

General scenarios with in a company .

B2B Scenarios means : A company wants to integrate their systems with their business partners ( ex vendor,supplier,customer) , implicitly it means that they have to cross their fire wall for this purpose ...In B2B scenarios we need to create Party objects.

The basic difference is in B2B you have to use Party objects and Industry standards like CIDX,RNIF adapters at configuration time . Rest the scenario is similar to A2A ...there also you will be integrating different applications but you will have to cross the fire wall.

Thanks

Abhishek Agrahari