cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.1i technical upgrade to NW2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please could somebody put me out of my misery. I have ben told by a colleague that its now possible to perform a technical upgrade from 3.1i directly to NW2004s.

However, in the Upgrade Master guide for 2004s it says the lowest source release is 4.6D. But then the "Additional Information" notes for Oracle (819655) & and SQL server (825146) do talk about a source release of 3.1i.

So just to be clear my question is: Can I upgrade from 3.1i straight to NW2004s.

Please could someone clear this up for me.

Regards

Pete

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can upgrade your 3.1i system, but the target version is not NW2004s but ERP 6.0 (formerly known as ERP 2005). Ok, of course NW2004s is the technology platform behind ERP 6.0; your final product after the upgrade is ERP 6.0.

So, this is the reason master guide tells you initial version to upgrade to NW2004s is 4.6D: 4.6D is the first version where you can 'separate' basis from application component; 4.6D is not R/3 but SAP Basis; if you want to upgrade your R/3 you must go towards ERP, not Netweaver; but when we talk about technology stuff; we talk about Netweaver.

Hope it clarifies...

Regards,

Fermín.

Answers (0)