cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage location and plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does storage-location specific data in the material master record apply for each plant?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya, it applies for all the plants which have any storage location assigned. If you are creating/extending any material for a plant and if you dont specify storage loac while doing so, then when you do any transaction involving storage loc, it will say that <b>material does not exist in plant, storage loaction</b>. So, it is required for all the plants which are having any storage locations assigned to them....

Reward, if helpful.....

Regards,

Noopur

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the time you create material master if you dont mention any patricular storage location and if you maintain plant, that material master record can be used for all storage locations assigned to the plant.

correct me if i am wrong

thank you

with regards

chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the time you create material master if you dont mention any patricular storage location and if you maintain plant, that material master record can be used for all storage locations assigned to the plant.

correct me if i am wrong

thank you

with regards

chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are extending a material to a Storage Location view, it asks for you to enter the storage location. So it means that the values that you enter in that tab are specific to that storage location within that particular plant.

So whenever you want to use that material for a particular storage location within a plant, it needs to be extended.

Hope I was able to explain you correctly.

Regards

AK

Reward points if helpful