cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Party to Logical System Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is as follows

External Party --> XI --> ECC. XML coming into XI and data posted in ECC using IDoc.

We have several different external parties that we need to integrate with but they all will send us the data in the same XML format and they do not have any different mapping requirements. So we can use the same design objects for all of them. However, they need to be setup as separate logical systems in ECC as we have different teams that support error handling for each of the external parties.

I dont have any need to use BPM as my mapping is fairly straightforward. I have setup a party in XI for each external party.

My problem is how can I have XI pass IDoc to different logical systems based on the external party?

I have tried playing with the adapter specific attributes on the sender service and giving logical system there but to no avail. How can I accomplish this without creating the parties as business systems in SLD as there are quite a few of them? Or is it the only way?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Regards

Haseeb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, they need to be setup as separate logical systems in ECC as we have different teams that support error handling for each of the external parties.?

can you explaint his part,,,,,if you have different LS in ECC (partner profile) how different team are supporting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In partner profile, we setup different "Agent" for each logical system. When there are errors during IDoc processing, these errors will be forwarded to the respective agent.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there some way that the source payload allows you to distinguish which system it comes from and what the logical system name has to be ?

If yes, in the Idoc control record, populate the values of SNDPRN and SNDPRT with the Sender PartnerName and Sender Partner Type ( Sender Partner Name will be the logical system name ) on the basis of this source condition and in the Idoc adapter select option "Take Sender from payload"

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Yes that is exactly what I did.

I have implemented value mapping to convert to a logical system based on the payload data.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Haseeb

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1)Make one party

2) make diffrent Bussiness system one for each diffrent partner, also define it into SLD.

3) use diffrent communication channel for each partner

4) use the bussiness system for reciving th data into IDOCS. for diffrent buissness system,

repeat the same for outbound sceanrio.

Thanks

sudhir sharma