cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Through FTP Folder I have to pick the file (Everytime I will get the file with different name). Sometimes I may get the 10 files one by one without alomost no time difference. But I have to pick the file which was place first. Is it possible to do this through File adapter ??

If the file has Time Stamp imprint is it possible to pick the file which was place first ??

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Its not possible with FTP adapter. But possible with NFS.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj !

As I am using FTP, as per you it is not possible through File Adapter right ?? Are there any way to do this?? other than options in the file adapter ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if my understanding is not wrong there is a flaw in the design.

see suppose i send 10 files to the directory,now somehow i pick up only the first one,now i have 9 files left after that i send 5 more files so now u have 14 files but since none of these files is the first file none of them will be picked up slowly slowly you will keep getting files accumulated in the sender directory and none will be picked up coz the first file was picked when u run the scenario for the first time .

my question is,is there any mechanism via which you are deleting these files so that the sender directory gets completely empty and then we can again pick the first file?

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

It is not the case that if I get 10 files only the latest one will be picked and other will be ignored. I got to pick all the files but the files to be picked in such a way as FIFO (first in first out). In such a case how should I proceed ?? I have observed that if I am using FTP........... file adapter is picking on the basis of alphabetical order (first it picks the file .......whose name starts with 'a' ) and it is immaterial for that(for file adapter) when it was put up. So how to resolve this issue ??

thanks

kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

infact,I should have mentioned what Raj mentioned.

I was talking about NFS .

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,you can achieve this using the option in the sender file adapter.

you have to choose Processing Sequence by Date ,then File adapter will pick on the basis like first in first out .