cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Units of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're connecting our SRM system to another R/3 backend system. When looking at the units of measure in this backend system, I see table T006A listing the measurements in 3 languages (German, English & French), but not all measurements can be found in all three languages. Some do exist in all 3 languages but not all of them. As we try to synch these with SRM, I need to know if...

1. Do we have to have the measurements in all 3 languages in R/3 as well as in SRM in order for it to work?

2. Of the Commercial & Technical names, which one is displayed by SRM during the SC creation? I assume it's the Commercial but not sure.

My concern is that when a German or French user logs in to shop, s/he may not recognize the measurement abbreviation and will need to assistance in looking up what the abbreviation stands for. So to be able to describe what the code stands for, do we have to create them in 3 different languages?

Regards,

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through this -></b>

1. Yes. Correct. using Tcode- CUNI.

2. Commercial name

UOM are stored in an internal format. At the display time, this format is converted to language dependant commercial format. If not possible *** is displayed.

Check table T006A to see maintained entries for internal unit (say PAK, etc..).

Use transaction CUNI to complete it for all langauages, English (EN), French (FR), German (DE), etc...

Your Unit of Measurement don't have description in required langauge (German, Spanish) language.

Log on to SRM and backend system in (German, French, Spanish) languages and run transaction CUNI.

Find the correpsonding Unit (say ZTO) and fill ISO Code text and Measurement unit text.

Also, Try to keep measurement unit <-> ISO code assignments unique.

Please confirm that ISO codes and especially UOM configuration have been correctly maintained in english in SRM as well as in R/3 (transaction CUNI)

You can simply maintain the same UOMs by configuring them in transaction CUNI. Additionally you can do a remote compare/adjust to synch the data in the systems if you have a large volume of changes.

You just need to make sure that the units of measure in the SAP

Enterprise Buyer system correspond to those in the backend system.

<u>Path in the Implementation Guide (IMG):</u>

SAP Web Application Server--> General Settings -->Check Units of Measurement

<b>Related links to go through -></b>

<u>Additional SAP Help links -></u> <b>Please refer to this link for Data replication.</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/70/00c73a584611d6b21700508b5d5211/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5d/b18139a17cd02ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/7e/1d2b3df1e5cc40e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<u>Hope this will definitely help.</u> Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just so I'm clear, if I'm to keep measurement unit <-> ISO code assignments unique, what would happen if I created the same measurement in 3 different languages and they all share the same ISO code? Won't the system give me an error? Or do I just maintain the ISO code for one language (i.e. EN) and leave the ISO code empty for the other languages?

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the shopping cart, only units of measure which have set the commercial unit indicator were available.

Please maintain the ISO codes for each language unique...

<u>Please try the following SAP OSS Notes -></u>

Notes 550036 - Transfer ISO Code from cat. to EBP which is not displayed

Note 531281 - Deletion report for translations of units of measurement

Note 484629 - Primary code and unit of measure LE

Note 492979 - Automatic ALE Customizing dist. for units of measurement

Note 747422 - Replace internal units with ISO codes - modification

Note 737891 - Unit of measurement not transferred to backend as ISO code

Note 739688 - ISO code for unit of measurm. missing (correct. Note 737891)

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul