cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a macro function "SUM_CALC( )"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing below mentioned problem, so I am trying to use the macro function "SUM_CALC( )". But it is throwing some weird error. I am using this function for the first time.

Can someone please help me with suggestions as how to use this macro function?

Doubts I have in my mind are:

1. Do we need to create a seperate macro to use this SUM_CALC function?

2. can we include this function in my previous macro "'safety stock/reorder point/target stock level'?

In either cases please let me know how to include this function and how the arguments have to be passed.

Thanks

-

We are on SCM 4.0 and for safety stock calculation, we use a default Macro with "SAFETY_CALC( )" function. In Product master we maintain standard safety stock method "SZ" and Safety Day's Supply "20". Basically, our safety stock is the sum of next 20 working days Total Demand at each location for that particular product.

Now the issue:

Suppose I load the data in to the planning book with a selection "materialA@Loc1", safety stock is calculated properly and safety stock calculation works fine for all "individual selections".

But if I try to load data for selections "all the locations for a particular material" or "all materials all locations", the safety stock value is not being populated in the planning book.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Find the information for the function SUM_CALC.

Syntax : SUM_CALC( key figure ).

It calculates the sum of all detail levels of the specified key figure.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUM_CALC function is used when you want to sense a change at aggregate level based on updates at a detailed level. Infact we are using this function to do something similar where we try to build a logic at aggregate level based on updates at a detailed level.

You can try to use the function to do something similar with your safety stock time series key figure. Since the standard logic works at a level, the macro with function SUM_CALC can work at a more aggregate level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know, how to write the code for this "SUM_CALC" function. Since this is the first time I am using this fucntion and I am getting weird results. May be I am using it in a wrong way.

My doubts are:

1. Shall we use this SUM_CALC in a new macro or

2. can I use it in the macro :safety stock macro, if yes please let me know the syntax and how to use it

Thanks for your time.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat

I would recommend to create a new macro on SUM_CALC. You should be able to find the way to use it in the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/1d/310eadd0ee11d4b2e40050da385632/frameset.htm

Regards

Srinivas