cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to save data with User exit macro in background run

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know is there any Function module which will save data in planning book through user exit macro in background run.Currently i am using 'BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL' if i will run 'BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL' seperately we are able to save data in planning book but when i am running it in User exit macro then data does not get saved and i am getting message ' It is not possible to use function ROW_INPUT() in background processing".

Please help me.I am stuck up due to this issue.

Thank you!

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

If ur i_return table is empty it means there is some problem in ur input to the function module. If the BAPI runs successfully then u have to get the return table with the message type 'S'.

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Are you sure with that.

As i am running BAPI externally seperatelly with sane input and iam getting same results i_return empty but Values get updated in planning book.Only conceren when i put it in User exit and run Macro in background.

Thanks.

Yogesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Then try to debug both the session (Inside the user exit and Outside) simultaneously and trace the problem.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Can you tell us what is the message u get in the 'return' structure of the BAPI function module. You can also give commit work after the function module and check it.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I have tried with BAPI commit too after that and I am not getting any thing in i_return.BAPI runs successfully. but in spool of background job i am getting below messages and result is data not get saved in planning book.

" It is not possible to use function ROW_INPUT() in background processing" with yellow signal

"YELLOW_LEVEL has been executed" with Green signal

"Data is not saved" with Yellow Signal.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Issue is same like Results are not there.Data is not get saved in planning book so we can not ignore message in background processing.

Thanks.

Yogesh M. Chaudhary

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ROW_INPUT() function is applicable in dialog mode for users. In background mode, it is not applicable. I would ignore that message and check if the background jobs gave right results and it should.