cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Data Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to pull xMII user information out of my LDAP database. Ultimately I'm wanting to create a 'last login' report listing xMII users and when they last logged in. As part of that I need to know who my xMII users are.

Is there an LDAP data server available for me to make the connection to the database?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, there are a few open-source LDAP JDBC drivers that you could use quite easily to access your LDAP server via xMII.

But the security log is probably the best source of this information. Unfortunately, with version 12.0 it is no longer accessible from within xMII, only from the NW administration tools/log viewers. In 11.5, you could query/sort/filter the logs as a "data source" and could display the data in reports, charts, grid, etc...

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some good ideas here. Rick, the security log gives me the login information for the people who have logged in but I think I still need to get to my LDAP database for a list of people who potentially could log in in order to come up with a list of users who have never logged in.

I'm running 11.5 SP3. How do I set up the login log as a data source in order to query it? In my first attempt I started using BLS with a Text File Loader action to pull in the most current log file to filter it but was uncertain how to handle all the historical log files. It sounds like you're saying I can set up a "login log" data source which would query all the login log files as one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 11.5 (but bear in mind, this stops working in 12.0) there is a URL that you can use that will return a query of any of the logs in an XML format (xMII Rowsets/Rowset/Row format). This is what the log viewers on the xMII admin menu do. Ping the xMII support team or app team and they can give you the URL, as I don't recall the structure of it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it - thanks, Rick!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found this Quote From Rick Bullotta

Actually, there are a few open-source LDAP JDBC drivers that you could use quite easily to access your LDAP server via xMII.

But the security log is probably the best source of this information. Unfortunately, with version 12.0 it is no longer accessible from within xMII, only from the NW administration tools/log viewers. In 11.5, you could query/sort/filter the logs as a "data source" and could display the data in reports, charts, grid, etc...

Rick

I'd be interested in how to go about setting this LDAP JDBC Driver up in 11.5...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

Since u want to see the xMII User List who have recently Logged on, u can directly see the <b>Active Sessions</b> option under <b>System Management</b> in the xMII Menu.

Here the Active Session displays the list of recent logged xMII users along with his/her login time and expiration time.

You can access to the folder

<b>\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\WEB-INF\classes\com\lighthammer\Illuminator\services\admin</b> where the SessionList.Class is present.

Also u can look into the folder <b>\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default\Lighthammer\Admin</b> where the JSP of Active Session is present.

All those will help u to show the list of xMII User List with their last logged time using JSP

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably not.You ofcourse are aware that the LDAP configuration is part of the Security Manager (I read your earlier post).

I would think a good place to look would be the JSPs in the folder LHSecurity under the servlet exec folder.

There's one called userlist.jsp.Studying that might give you some idea.

So how's the Alert emailing coming along?Any success there?