Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am connecting to Oracle database using the connection string

jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx:xx:xx:xx:1521:databaseName

The database name is 4 words seperated by "."

I am gettign the error

Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx:xx:xx:xx:1521:databaseName: SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor The Connection descriptor used by the client was: xxx:xx:xx:xx:1521:databaseName

But when i use the same paramters using SQL PLUS it works,

Can some one tell me what is wrong with the paramters.

Thanks,

Vinay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay !

Check this weblog:

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/02/27/configuring-jdbc-connector-service-to-perform-database-lookups

Although it is not exactly what you need, you will see here how the parameters should be completed for the JDBC Oracle connection and check if something is wrong.

Here is a sample connection string : "jdbc:oracle:thin:HR/hr@//localhost:1521/XE" I think you maybe have the "@" in the wrong place.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

I checked my configuration, icould not find any error.

for testign i copied the channel and created a new one from this.

I changes the server and Db name, user and pwd and that works fine, so i am guessing ther should be some nameing convnetion for the dbname which i am not aware of.

Are ther any special chars to avoid while defining the connection string for jdbc adapter.

regards,

vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

We had a similar problem some months ago, and the problem was de SID. Take a look at tnsnames.ora file, search for the entry related to the host you want and get the value of the property "SERVICE_NAME". Probably this value is different than the SID you are using now. Use it as your SID and probably it will work fine.

Hope this helps!

regards.

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay !

You may also check this SAP note:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bc_db/~f...

<b>ORA-12505 TNS:Listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor</b>

Cause: The SID in the CONNECT_DATA was not found in the listener's tables.

Action: Check to make sure that the SID specified is correct. The SIDs that are supported can be obtained by typing LSNRCTL STATUS SERVICE_NAME and matching the SID specified in TNSNAMES.ORA with one of the SIDs displayed in the services summary.

Regards,

Matias

ps: please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved my issue. <b>Points awarded to both</b>.

Thanks guys..Like you said the issue was i was using the service_name.

and based on the <b>OSS Note 576919 - Composite SAP note ORA-12505</b>

They say when we use service_name we need to use the whole structure or string used in tnsnames.ora in the connection string.

Thanks,

Vinay.

Message was edited by: vinay.

Vinay Mallapu

Answers (0)