cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import design objects - missing something

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two files with tpt extensions XI2_0_SAP_APPL_4.6C_48_01_classic.tpt and XI2_0_SAP_APPL_4.6C_48_01.tpt to import objects corresponds to rosettanet design objects I got from SAP market place. I did place them in respository_server/import directory as mentioned in the installation guide. When tried import object from integration builder it is not recognizing it. Why?

I am running XI3.0, is that the reason it is not recognizing XI2_0 objects?

Also I did try making them as tpz file after zipping the above files and did add a metadata.properties file containing below text

transportFile=XI2_0_SAP_APPL_4.6C_48_02_classic.tpt

transportFile=XI2_0_SAP_APPL_4.6C_48_02.tpt, still it did not recognize it.

What I am missing?

help.. please..

Dhandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just an idea:

Try to export a object of XI 3.0, and observe the tpz construction and metadata properties files.

Try simulating the same.

Another thought:

Is it a Unix system? Check if the appropriate permissions are given to the files so that XI Server could read them.

If there are no sufficient permissions on the file for the user with which XI Server is running, then it doesnt display them in the 'Imported objects' list.

Hope this helps!

regards,

Pops V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pops

I did steal the metadata properties from an already imported tpz file. It is on linux and I tried giving grand daddy of all permission (777)too.

thanks

Dhandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhandu,

Check if the metadata properties file contains the below entries: Most importantly the first one. (all are case-sensitive):

systemtype=<b>IBC 3.0</b>

sourcesystem=<host>_<sid>_00

transportFile=<tptfilename>.tpt

contenttype=DirectoryView

Also see that the properties file name is "<b>M</b>etadata.properties". It is case-sensitive, else it wont recognize.

Also note: when you zip the tpt file & properties file, see that they are at the root directory of the zip file. Open and see if the directory path is not taken.

regards,

Pops V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pops

I changed the sourcesystem and contenttype like you have mention below. It worked.

thanks

Answers (0)