cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System color for all users, lock down customizing

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to set the system color for all users (globally) by system. For example, any users logged into QA would see a certain color, say green, and any users logged into prod would see red. Also how to lock down customizing so the user cannot accidentally change qa from green to red. There currently is a wealth of options for a user to customize locally, but this is not what the business wants. I don't see the option of setting the look at a system level, only at a local level when a user is logged in. Any feedback or ideas appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

unfortunately this is (nearly) not possible.

These settings are in the registry and what you could do is to distribute a default color scheme to the registries and don't allow your users to change these values in HKCU. But I don't think that this is worth it.

Regards, Martin

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can force these registry entries every time someone logs in at Windows level. investigate usage of Microsoft SMS and program regedit.

of course, people will still be able to change these settings, but it will be reset upon next windows logon.

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible just to eliminate the options with the SAP customizing to only offer 1 color instead of the many that are currently offered? Haven't been able to detemine yet where these options are stored. Reducing the options for a given system to 1 color would effectively default the color for that system and simultaneously lock down the option to change the color.

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

sorry, that isn't possible/supported to delete stored options. The user can create new ones again anyway...

Regards, Martin

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

So it is not possible to lock down the customization within SAP so that the user cannot create their own color? I would think there would be an authorization of some sort that could be removed from the users security. From the feedback and my own research, it does not sound like a straight forward process (or even possible) to both set a default color globally for all the users and lock down their ability to change that.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this cannot be done through security because this is a workstation SAPGUI function, the server does not know/care about color settings on the workstation.

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned, I was unable to set/lock color schemes globally through SAP. I was however able to set the color for a specific system in the registry and then lock that color. Once the setting was locked down, attempts to change the color from SAP did not work, which is what was wanted. so the client tech group thinks they can distribute this through a group policy domain, whenever a user logs in at the Windows level these registry settings will take effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you finally lock it down then. Also have you got a local installation or a installation via CITRIX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you finally lock it down then. Also have you got a local installation or a installation via CITRIX.

Answers (0)