cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregated Safety Stock Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are on SCM 4.0 and for safety stock calculation, we use a default Macro with "SAFETY_CALC( )" function. In Product master we maintain standard safety stock method "SZ" and Safety Day's Supply "20". Basically, our safety stock is the sum of next 20 working days Total Demand at each location for that particular product.

Now the issue:

Suppose I load the data in to the planning book with a selection "materialA@Loc1", safety stock is calculated properly and safety stock calculation works fine for all "individual selections".

But if I try to load data for selections "all the locations for a particular material" or "all materials all locations", the safety stock value is not being populated in the planning book.

Can you someone please let me know thier ideas and suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think what you observe is a standard behaviour. The way macro is defined is that it looks at bunch of key figures (and NOT the level) to do the calculation.

Can you confirm what happens if you have a header in your planning table and then try to show Details All? (you can do this for Location or Product by your example) My guess is that you should see level by level calculations since the Safety Stock macro by design ( at least the standard Macro Target Stock Level) is running at "Detls Only" level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas, What you have mentioned is right, but how can we fix this issue.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned in other thread,

Try one thing, in the Safety Stock Macro ( typically it is part of Target Stock Level macro) - change the Level of Macro to All planning Objects instead of "Detls Only". This should be under "Settings fore Execution" section of macro.

I am not sure though if details will add to the total since safety stock calculation is not a linear function.

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you share with me how you managed to get the correct calculation of the Safety Stock at detailed level? I already tried to change the level of execution of the macro from 'Details Only' to 'All Planning Objects' but can't get the correct results.

Thanks for the help and support.

Regards,

AA

Answers (0)