cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit testing a Business Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it also possible to unit test a Business Process in XI ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

what do you mean by Unit Testing of Business Prcess??? Can you eloborate on this?

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's to test the business process without crossing an entire flow. I mean without any adapters, any agreements... but just the business process itself. When a message comes in a process and when it goes out.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO you cannot test only the BPM flow inorder to check weather the steps are working fine or no.

But you can do BPM Monitoring to test weather it has Error or not....

once you design the BP you can check it for Error by hitting "F7"

Also sometime BPM does not have any error in desing even they do not work fine..

for that SXI_CACHE--> Integration Process.

check your BP for the Error code..if it is '0' then it ok..else if it has error like 99 or anything u have to fix it using BPM monitoring guidlines that is provided in TBIT43-042 Process Execution Monitoring.pdf

Thanks

Farooq.

<b>*Rewards points if you find it useful*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

I got ur point . You want to test the integration process only...wheather each step u defined is correct or not.isn't it???

I dont have much idea on that...u can see how uni testing is done in XI...

/people/paul.medaille/blog/2005/06/24/test-your-xi-configuration-with-the-new-test-tool

Also see some expert comment here...

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx to all !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it is possible to test the BPM without creating the Configuration Scenario.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wht do u mean by unit test?

If u mean that among many scenarios of any organization, u want to run only single scenario to check its output, then this can be doen if ur scenario is independent of other.

Mapping can be tested individually in message mapping itself.

Test data can also b sent from RWB.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Prateek