cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Value Mapping Replication ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Folks,

I want have an idea about how Value Mapping Replication works ?

How can i achieve a Value Mapping Replication using Non SAP system(oracle) as a data source ?

Can some body guide me step by step..

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex ,

You can mail me all the docs relevant Value Mapping Replication on santosh.xi@rediffmail.com

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey the Java proxy is needed because the XI Runtime Java Cache is where all of your Value Mapping Values are stored and hence to communicate with this cache you need the Java Poxy.

This isn't as scary as it looks it is jus a case of activating them and pointing your comm channel to the right place.

If you give me your email I will email you some documents, how to guides I have come up with etc...

Also note that if you are using the value mapping replication functionality evrytime you restart your Java stack you will have to update the cache again...

Message was edited by:

Alex Ong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique/Vasudeva,

Thqanx for your valuable inputs..now i am having a better idea about Value Mapping Replication...

But still few doubts left in my mind like:

1. --->create a JDBC -> XI -> Java Proxy

from JDBC to XI is o.k...but why we need Java Proxy here ?

2. In my case scenario is something like this. We have two systems...Using one system we want to create a Value Mapping Group and want to pass the data in Value Mapping Table dynamically( Like vasudeva you have said..) and also when ever data is changed in the system the value mapping table should also get updated.

Later on the other system will use the value mapping table created by system A...

Can you guys come up with feasibility analysis of the scenario and ideas.

Regards,

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Please visit the link given below for the value mapping replication step by step

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

If you want to integrate 2 or more systems that identify the same unique object (employee, customer, product, account, etc.) with different IDs (for example:

System A, customer #1234 is the same as System B, customer #4321), then you could create a Value Mapping Group in the Integration Directory, and add one record for Agency=SystemA, Schema=Customer, Value=1234 and another record for Agency=SystemB, Schema=Customer, Value=4321. Then you could use that info for value mapping by selecting the ValueMapping function in the Integration Repository in the Message Mapping designer.

But if you have a lot of mapping groups, and you don't want to load them manually, and don't want to use for example an ABAP or JAVA mapping function that access the database for each record to convert, then you could load the Value Mapping Group table automatically from another source (eg. SQL, Excel, etc.), have it in memory (better performance) and share it with several interfaces.

Also have a look at this media presentation

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/elearn?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a680445e-0501-0010-1c94-a8c4a60619f [original link is broken]

Hope it helps...

Cheers...

Vasu

<b>** REward POints if found useful **</b>

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

There are standard proxies (a sync and an async one) to populate the value mapping data bases.

So, you just need to create a simple scenario in XI, <your_interface> -> XI -> Java Proxy.

In your case, just create a JDBC -> XI -> Java Proxy async scenario. Besides the data types, message types and interfaces for the JDBC, you'll also have to create the mapping from the JDBC message into the ValueMappingReplication message. Both message types and interfaces for ValueMappingReplication may be found in the SAP BASIS SWCV, as described in the above link.

Regards,

Henrique.