cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping Replication...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to replicate the values of a Oracle table in a Value Mapping Table in XI..

Can you come up with step by steps required for this particular case and then how to use the replicated value mapping table..

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have never tried caching values coming from a database table which is not in SAP R3. Perhaps it could be possible, but would require some arduous work.

Transfering table data from SAP R3 to XI cache is quite straight forward(I could give you step by step solution for that), since R3 supports proxy framework which enables easy handling of data in required format. Value mapping data is transfered in particular format, in which every value from table is associated with parameters like GroupID, Context, Operation etc.

However, since eventually data sent to XI is in XML format, one could develop a program to get table data from oracle and create an XML out of it. Then using file adapter at sender end, we could post this XML file to Value Mapping Interface in XI.

I have never tried this kind of stuff, but I guess it should be possible.

Thanks,

Bhavish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

First of all thanks for such a quick response...,i have gone through all of the above mentioned blogs...:-)

Bhavish , can you share the step by step procedure for creating value mapping table from SAP R/3 only...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

check these blogs...surely u will get help....

Value mapping:

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Value mapping Replication:

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

regards

biplab

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

have a look to <a href="/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication Mapping Replication</a>.

Regards,

Udo