Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Install problem in HA environment

adam_recktenwald
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm having a problem installing a SSL Cert on J2EE that is configured in a High Availability environment.

I've installed several SSL certificates on non-HA servers with no problem... and when I follow those same steps in this environment, I get an error.

When opening Key Storage in Visual Admin I get:

"IAIK Security library not found!"

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iaik/security/provider/IAIK"

I've Un-Deployed and Re-Deployed the Java Crypto SDA w/ no avail.

In Server -> Libraries -> Core_Lib I'm getting a UNC path to the SCS for the iaik_jce.jar file... which I think might be part of the problem. I've tried various file system permission tweaks with no difference.

Anyone know how to change that path or have a better solution?

Thanks!

-Adam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Copy the iaik_jce.jar or iaik_jce_export.jar from the SCS Instance
<HOST>\SAPMNT\<SID>\SYS\global\security\lib\tools\iaik_jce.jar to your CI \usr\sap\<SID>\JC<Inst. Nr.>\j2ee\admin\lib

Now you should be able to open the Key Storage in the Visual Admin

Peter

0 Kudos

Peter,

I had the exact same problem and upon searching SDN I found this post. I've never searched SDN and found an exact solution so quickly. Thanks for your help.

JP

0 Kudos

Great it worked.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Peter,

After a long search, i found something similar to my requirement and expecting your help from you.

I am trying to implement digital signature on form 16 and for this SSL between ABAP and JAVA (ECC 6.0 EHP6 dual stack) is required.

ADS is working fine.

I have done the same thing in standalone environment and I am clear with the process but in HA I am little bit confused between what “CN” should be used while creating server csr  or JAVA Certificate either “my cluster name” or * (for example, “ehpasclust.abc.com” or  “*.abc.com”) where “ehpasclust” is my cluster name and “abc.com” is my domain name.

We have total five physical servers

EC App 1

GURNTV360.ABC.COM

EC App 2

GURNTV361.ABC.COM

EC App 3

GURNTV408. ABC.com

EC DB Node 1

GURNTV362. ABC.COM

EC DB Node 2

GURNTV363. ABC.COM

Thanks in advance

Rgds,

Sanjeet

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter's solution got us going!

XI/PI under NW702

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter Ciasto,

The solution : copy iaik_jce.jar from \global\security\lib\tools\ to j2ee\admin\lib works fine

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter Ciasto,

The solution : copy iaik_jce.jar from \global\security\lib\tools\ to j2ee\admin\lib works fine

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

exact solution and quickest one.. great.. i too enjoyed..

Regards,

Dineshkumar.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam

Could you please let me know where i can find the J2ee cluster/HA documentation ??

We are using XI and are in need to set this up

Best Regards

Tord

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

go to service.sap.com/ha --> media library --> documentation there is a guide especially for XI

todd_miller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I received the same error "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iaik/security/provider/IAIK" when

trying to run a local windows version of the Visual Administrator and accessing the keystore.

To get around this issue, I downloaded the SAP Crytographic Software for windows and unpacked

it. You will find a file named "tc_sec_java_crypto_signed_fs_lib.sda" located in the "jdk1.4x"

directory of the extracted files. Please note that I selected the jdk1.4x due to my local

environment. The name of the sda file varies depending upon the version of the jdk directory you choose.

Open this file with WinZip and extract the jar files into your

(Visual Administrator installation directory)\lib directory.

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

I have the exact same issue, and I have tried what you have written, but still faced the same error. How does putting the files in the Windows Visual Admin directory help when the error clearly states : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iaik/security/provider/IAIK.

I tried the earlier suggestion of copying iaik_jce.jar to /sapmnt/D23/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/admin/lib and it has worked beautifully. Thanks!

Regards,

Nelson S. Raj

Edited by: Nelson Raj on Jan 22, 2008 10:23 AM