cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - use of forecast settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

In my planning area I have <u>one</u> set of forecast settings specifying a forecast key figure x, corrected history key figure, corrected forecast key figure, ex post key figure.

I have two master forecast profiles, one specifying forecast key figure x, <u>another</u> specifying a <u>different</u> forecast key figure y. They use univariate profiles which specify hsitory key figures a and b respectively.

If I run a forecast using the profile specifying forecast key figure x, all the key figures are populated correctly. If I now run a forecast using the profile specifying forecast key figure y, I see that the <u>forecast</u> key figure is populated correctly, but the corrected history, corrected fcst and ex post are not repopulated.

So, I assume I should have <u>2</u> different sets of forecast settings, <u>each</u> with their <u>own</u> set of connected key figures.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Bob Austin, Atos Origin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if I understood the question correctly. Maybe I will try to answer this anwyay. You can define multiple Master Profiles to a planning area. This will contain information on Forecast Key figures. Master Profile can then be assigned to one and only one Univariate Forecast keyfigure which contains information on History Key figure. There can be two or more master Profiles looking at the same Univariate Forecast profile though.

So if you have a situation where Forecast X --> based on history A and Forecast Y --> based on history B, then I would go ahead and create two Master and Univariate profiles respectively with one on one correspondence.

Let me know if this answers, else please elaborate the problem further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply.

The key question is this:

If I have my two separate forecast key figures X and Y (based on history A and B), do I need 2 <u>separate</u> 'forecast settings' for the planning area,eg:

1st set:Fcst key fig X, corrected hist key fig D, corrected fcst key fig E, ex post F

2nd set: Fcst key fig Y, corr hist G, corr fcst H, ex post I

I think yes is the answer, to ensure that I have separate sets of data for my two sets of forecasts.

Regards,

Bob.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely. You would need to define multiple line items at planning area level on what is Forecast/History/Corrected history/corrected Forecast/Ex-Post MLR etc

Answers (0)