cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Management Console : Error : MMC cannot open the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are installing the xmii system on a server, it was not installed completely.

Now we have deleted the xMII folders from Add and Remove in Control Panel.

After deleting these folders, when we are opening SAP Management Console, it is giving one Error <b>MMC cannot open the file "C:\WINDOWS\sapmmc.msc."</b>

Please help us to resolve this problem, we have no idea to resolve the same.

Regards,

Study SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really sure what the cause could be....but xMII has nothing to do with the Management Console.

Might want to post this in another forum. Seems like you guys might have deleted one too many folders or files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alin,

Thanks for your reply, we have deleted only folders

- SAP xMII 11.5

- SAP xMII CMS 11.5

- SAP xMII Security 11.5

- Microsoft SQL Server folder

from control panel --> add and remove folder, when we were deleting these folders, IIS services were stopped by the system. After deleting the same we faced this problem.

Regards,

Study SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really sure why that happended. But xMII does not intereact with MMC at all. So i don't see how uninstalling the files could have gotten messed up.

Maybe some sort of OS policy change or something of the sort. Try checking the logs for the SAP install and the Console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give this a try:

<i>Open a command prompt, switch to you SYSTEM32 directory (for example, C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32) and execute the following command:

REGSVR32 SAPMMC.DLL

If additional DLLs with the name template SAPMMC* (for example, SAPMMCMS.DLL) are found in the SYSTEM32 directory, then register these also, for example, "REGSVR32 SAPMMCMS.DLL".</i>

Answers (0)