cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategic approach to integrate BAPI with SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

To integrate BAPI with XI, we could do it in 2 ways. either as an RFC or a Web Service depending on the R/3 version. However I would like to know what is SAPs strategy towards this integration? I am hearing different feedback from different people, which I would like to confirm it from here.

Could you help me in knowing SAP directions towards this integration?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I think, there is not much difference. Using BAPIs directly "is easier", u don't have to create web services. Limitation in this case is, that there will be communicatino limit toward other systems in future. If u use web services (published from FMs), it will work also, but u have to create them. One more pro web services is, that also other systems can w/o any problems use this functionality, cos web services are usual method of communication between different systems.

So solution depends just on ur needs. Final functionality will be tha same.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I wanted more precise reply, do you think SAP promoting webservice instead native RFC connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so. I think it is just a new way how to be able to integrate ECC with other systems (w/o XI). SAP gives by this a chance to other systems to cooperate directly with ECC. If u use XI, there is almost no difference.

Peter