Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How RFC calling form CRM to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL ,

I am creating a remote destination in CRM system using sm59

there I am inserting some parameters like program id,or gateway service,gateway host.

can anyone please tell me why these parameters we need to fill in Remote destination.One more thing if Rfc in triggered from CRM and a communication channe; is creared at sender side.

how actually is the communication is happening please explain .

With Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vinay,

<i><b>I am inserting some parameters like program id,or gateway service,gateway host.

can anyone please tell me why these parameters we need to fill in Remote destination</b></i>

see here why program ID ,gateway service and gateway host is needed.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Your XI is the initator of the connection in the case of Sender RFC adapters.

Even though it is CRM/R3/(or any SAP system) that sends data to XI, it is XI that initates the connection between XI and CRM/R3/(or any SAP system) and that is why in the sender RFC adapter you provide the Server Details andthe prgram Id. The connection is identified using the program ID.

When CRM/R3/(or any SAP system) wants to send data it uses the TCP IP Connection in which the program Id is maintained and using this identifies the establised connection and then sends data to XI.

Hope it will clear ur concept !!!

<b>***Reward with points if it helps u</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at this thread

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The selected program ID uniquely describes the RFC sender channel in the configured gateway (Application Server (Gateway) and Application Server Service (Gateway) parameters).

That is why you choose the registration type Registered Server Program and in the Program ID field you enter the corresponding program ID from the configuration of the sender RFC adapter.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009 - for more clarification.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The RFC that you are creating is of type TCP /IP..

Let us just say that ...you have this report in CRM

which ...which will collect data ...and this data is to be posted in another system

that's when RFC destination of type tcp /ip comes into play ..which is used in the

XI's RFC sender adapter.

Now...

you can use transaction ..RZ70 in your crm system to find the details about ..

gateway host and service ..

the program id will be case sensitive ...

now when you create a rfc sender communication channel then you

specify ...the same parameters ...

for program id ...(remember to give the same name as the one that is used in RFC destionation you created in CRM case sensitive of course)..

You will not be able to test this RFC ..till such time you create &activate the communication channel in XI .

This method is a way to add SAP application system to the SLD .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay !

Check this links:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Regards,

Matias.