Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Planned Orders

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

We have SNP-OPT and PPDS, after SNP run we have planning run for conversion of SNP to PPDS planned orders. Both are Background Jobs scheduled. PPDS run runs daily. SNP Planning horizon is for 6 months and PPDS Horizon is maintained for 7 Days.

When i check the result from RRP3 it shows PPDS orders for 6 months insted it should show PPDS orders for 7 days and SNP- planned orders for remaining days or months.

Please help me out it is production.

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you maintained either PPDS horizon fig or SNP hor.fig., your problem will be taken care.

can you pl. check and revert.

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

AS i already mentioned that we have mentioned the PPDS horizon as 7 days and No SNP planning horizon i.e. 0 days..

How can i revert the change.

Is there any problem with PPDS strategy profile.

regards,

Amol Chavan

Solved as bkgrnd Job was scheduled for background scheduling.

Amol

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

If PPDS orders are output firmed, SNP will not delete them. it is also important if you are using planning time fence, SNP will not touch orders which are falling under this period.

Regards,

Chava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks chava,

yes you are right but i need to know how it is generating PPDS orders for whole horizon. As we have scheduled the job in backgroung (Conversion SNP -PPDS Job). These jobs are follow up jobs. i.e. as soon as SNP run completes PPDS job starts.

Is there any problem in PPDS strategy or i have to check for any system performance.

Regards,

Amol Chavan

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One curiosity question, do you see PPDS orders 6 month and beyond ? or do you see them between the PPDS horizon and six months? It may be a situation where you have run out of capacity inside the PPDS horizon and hence it may be confirming the order outside the horizon. in that case I would expect orders beyond PPDS horizon.

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you for ur reply.. It is creating orders for all planning horizon that is 6 months. while PPDS horizon defined in Prod. Master is 7 days. Cheaked resources from report no resource is overloaded.

While taking new SNP run as these are PPDS orders not getting overwritten or changing. What may be the reason.

Regards,

Amol