Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role comparisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help it is Urgent for my project.

We have migrated from 4.6C to ECC 6.

There are 2 SAP systems with ECC 6

One is development & another one is Quality.

We have certain limitations while working with these two system.

We can not create RFC connection for Roles comparisons & WE should not use Role Comparison Utility.

Our problem is:

I have to compare around 1000 roles in Development system with Quality system.

Can you please suggest is there any way that we can complete these mass (around 1000) roles out side SAP.

Is there way we can get all the list from Development system as well as Quality system to compare.

Once we are able to compare how to fix if there are any comparison issues or differences between the Development sys roles and Quality roles.

Pls suggest its urgent for my project.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i understood was you want to compare roles outside sap?.

Yes,we can do it.

Solution (Dev): Go to suim ->choose Roles by complex search->don't fill any values->execute.

You will get all the list of roles ->save these roles in excel.(***excel sheet

should not increase more than 65000 entries).

simlarly with quality ->save them to excel sheet and compare.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Sri's instructions tell you how to do this one way, another way is to directly download the table data for the roles which is most easily accessible in table AGR_1251. You can filter on what data you specifically want.

Most importantly, if this is urgent for your project then they need to realise that doing this outside SAP could take considerably longer than using the role comparison tool within SAP. If you (or someone else) are strong with Access database then you might be able to do this.

good luck!