cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to SAP from Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been working as a J2EE programmer with expertise in Core java,webservices, WAS (weblogic and websphere). I have heard lot about SAP market and am interested in jumping into SAP.

Could anyone suggest what would be my best choice to enter into the SAP world using my java background. What would be my ideal SAP learning path considering my java experience.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions/advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you tell me,

how many years do you have experience in java?

and

how old are you this year.

because everything is varying.you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to the world of SAP

You can chose either Portal or Exchange Infrastructure.

Both are java based.

Regards

Yugapreetha

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gary,

Lookin in to your profile(in Java) u are most welcome to the SAP XI..!!!!

SAP XI needs a good knowledge in JAVA, ABAP and XML. Your experience in webservice and WAS also adds the advantage to enter the Exchange Infrastructure World.

Also have a look at this links...

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/22/new-to-xi To XI?</a> By Felix Jeyareuben

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part I</a> By Sravya Talanki

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part 2</a> By Sravya Talanki

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part III</a> By Sravya Talanki

Regards

San

there is a Way.