cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not establish connection to server xxx at port 50118

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem when try to deploy the Calculator Bean Example, the SDM server is responding and I can see it on the J2EE Engine Monitor on NWDS, but when I try to make the deployment I get the following message:

27/09/2007 06:32:19 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : mxconsap07

SDM port : 50118

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/ripineda/LOCALS1/Temp/temp26306CalculatorEar.ear

Deployment exception : Server mxconsap07 did not accept login request as admin on port 50118. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server mxconsap07 at port 50118: Connection refused: connect

Inner exception was :

Server mxconsap07 did not accept login request as admin on port 50118. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server mxconsap07 at port 50118: Connection refused: connect

Looking on the forums, I found that the hosts file in Windows must have the IP Address and the host name (I have made it too), so I can't really found what could be the problem, I have tried all the solutions presented on this type messages, but I still get the same error. Any suggestions??, thanks a lot!!

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fadrique,

The following error message is received when incorrect J2EE Engine Security credentials are used and an online deployment process has been performed.

Please go through all check steps one by one

1. Ensure that host and port to which SDM tries to connect are correct. The used host and the port are specified in the error message.

2. If host and port are correct, check whether the J2EE Engine is up and running. The check could be done by using the J2EE Engine MMC, the J2EE Engine JCMON or Telnet.

a. If the J2EE Engine is not working, you need to start it.

b. If the J2EE Engine is working, the problem is more complicated and could be caused by a network problem.

3. If the host and port are not correct, use the Config Tool in order to change them.

4. After you have performed the steps mentioned above, try to start the deployment process again.

If all step wont work then please try to check J2ee logon details

Currently there are two places in which the J2EE Engine administrator’s password is stored:

1. User store – managed by the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator

2. File system secure store (SecStore.properties) – managed by the Config Tool.

If the password is changed in the user store, it has to be changed in the file system secure store as well.

Proceed as follows:

1. Using the Config Tool, set the correct J2EE Engine security credentials.

2. After you have performed the steps mentioned above, try to start the deployment process again.

If all these step wont work then paste your logs in SDN from the directory $SDM_HOME/program/log/

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I have made the things you suggested me, and I have a couple questions, first of all the steps 1 to 4 I made them and the result is still the same.

My question is for the steps for the J2EE Engine Administrator's password. I have entered on the screen you told me, but there's no password allocated in there, is only information about the User Storage, the route for that is screen is the following:

Server 0 / Services / User Storage

If you post your e-mail I can send you the screenshot to see if that screen is the right one.

About the logs you told me I still haven't found them, I found some logs in the following directory:

/usr/sap/EPT/JC01/SDM/program/log

But there's no recently logs in there, the most recent is from 2007-09-13, and I get the errors about 3 days ago.

Thanks for your help and I hope you can show me what am I doing wrong.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fadrique,

As you have said that First four steps you did but still no progress then problem should be into JAVA credential somewhere.

And you have to check that everywhere password is same.

Password store in these two place as i have already stated

1. User store – managed by the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator

2. File system secure store (SecStore.properties) – managed by the Config Tool.(Just open config tool and click on secure store there you will find password of j2ee)

After changing any setting dont forget to restart yur instance.

You can send me screenshot at

Sumitgoy@gmail.com

NOTE : Reward points if answere is helpful

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit,

Actually one port was unavailable (50118) and we had to open it for the succesful deployment.

Answers (0)