cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release activity to Consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

Me and my colleague was working together on one projects. My teammate had created some activities and activated also. But those activities were not released yet Now, he left the company. So, Activities on his name are still yet to release.

How can figure it out list of activities which are pending for release on his name? How can I release his activities?

Is there anyway to release those activities?

Thanks,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Yes you can Release his activities provided you have the Export foreign(Release other developer's activity) CMS permission. There are 2 ways through you can release the activities

1) Using IDE

Import the necessary development configuration. Go to the Development configuration perspective. And then got to "Transport View". There please give your teammate's user id (whose activities are to be released). Then you will be able to get the specific activities to be released for your teammate under the option "Waiting". After that just right click on the activity and say release. If the activity is successfully released you will be able to see under the option "Released" and the activity will be waiting for import in the consolidation queue in CMS.

Incase the specific user filter does not work for your teammate's user id. You can select the option "All users". But here if you no know the activity names, you can look for them among several activities listed from all users and release.

Incase you are not able to view the pending activities in the IDE then you go for the second option(listed below)

2) Using CMS command line tool

This tool comes with the IDE. You may find it uder IDEhome directory/eclipse/tools/cmstool

First connect to the tool. give the command "cmstool" It will ask you for the CMS URL, Domain ID,TrackID, User, password. Give the necesssary info.

Give help. You will get a set of commands. Please explore listactivities and release command. Using that you shoud be able to release.

Explore the above two options, if you face any problem revert back to the forum. First option is better and simpler.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

Using first option:

We don't have my teammate password to look his activities in IDE. As per my understanding we require his password to login into NWDI first in IDE.

You have mentioned option with All Users also. How can I view activities created by all USers under my IDE with my user and password?

Using second Option:

I could not connect to the system somehow.

Thank you very much.

Waiting for your reply.

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

You can logon to the IDE with your password, Still you can search for others activated activities by giving their id in the "User filter". You do not need their passwords. Only open activites of other users cannot be viewed in the IDE when logged in with our own user. Activities waiting for release/released activities can be viewed.

I have sent you a mail with the screenshot where you can feed the user id by clicking the option "user filter" .

The option All users is present beside the option "user filter" where u do not need to feed any specify user id. Selecting that will get you the activities from all users.

Hope this solves your problem

Akshatha

Answers (0)